Chapter Three

"How does this sound?" Kara asks, handing her laptop over to her daughter, who sits on the couch opposite.

National City's New Hero

On January 31st of this year, National City's resident hero, Supergirl, was in trouble. There was an alien outside of L-Corp, who was the size of a car. It easily wrapped a hand around the hero's neck. There was no escape. She struggled, but nothing. That was, until a streak of green appeared, punching the monster to release the hero. Wearing all black, with only a green mask covering, she exchanged a few words with our hero, and took care of the alien, turning him into the officials

For weeks, we heard nothing from the hero. Only seeing Supergirl on her saves,. Yet, she refused to make any comment on the hero. Just when everyone thought it was over, that the hero was only a one time occurance, Supergirl and the hero showed up to a robbery. The hero now wears a new suit, green with black detailing, and an emblem in the middle of her chest, and the same green mask covering her face.

She defeated the robbers, with skills similar to Supergirl. I was there, and was able to get a glimpse of her talent. After the criminals were given to the police, a group of reporters swarmed the woman. We made eye contact, and I asked the simple question of; what can we call you? The hero looks at me, and with the same smile as Supergirl responds with "I trust you with that".

Working under Cat Grant as an assistant when Supergirl first came out gave me an advantage. I got to see Ms.Grant's process on naming our hero. With the color green not only on our new hero's suit, but her eyes, made me want to use that in her name. Then a hit me, the glimmer in her eye, a light. She is a light, a lantern. Green Lantern.

The new hero smiled at her new name. I don't know if it was because she liked it, or because she would finally be known as something other than the new hero. She only left with a promise to contact me for an interview. Which is what this article is for.

So, you are obviously new to being a hero, how do you like it?: "I love it. It's the best thing I have ever done in my life. Being able to save humans, to protect the very city that I have grown up in."

If I may ask, what species are you?: "Half human half Kryptonian. I know, weird combination. My parents never thought it would be possible."

Half Kryptonian? That makes you the daughter of either Supergirl or Superman, and given the fact that you said you grew up in National City, am I safe to assume it's Supergirl?: "That's right. Supergirl is my Jeju, which means Mom is Kryptoneese. Superman is my cousin."

Interseting. Now, before we finish up here, is there anything you want to say to National City?: "I just want to say thank you. I know how hard it is, giving trust to yer another alien to save you guys, but I promise to do my best. I just want to be like my Jeju [Supergir], and save you guys. I promise to do my best to protect you guys, because I grew up here. I live here. I love it her. I will never hurt you guys, I promise.

Thank you Green Lantern, it was nice talking to you.: You as well Ms.Danvers. Thank you.

"That's perfect." Alura answers, handing back the laptop. "I mean I didn't say amy of that, but it sounds good." She teases.

"And you will never be interviewed by anyone but me. We need to be sure that our identities stay a secret." She answers, pressing submit. "Not just for our safety, but all our friends and family. It may be hard to hurt us, but Mama can be easily." She kisses her daughter's forehead, and walks into the kitchen. "What do you want for dinner?"