17. Volleyball

~song of the day~
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

~song of the day~ Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

I wake up the next morning at 10:45 am. Zyair's party doesn't start for another six hours.

I lay on my back and contemplate whether to get up or not.  My mind drifts back to last night's kiss with Gray, and I rub my lips slightly with my fingers.

I had no idea what that kiss meant and wasn't ready to start overthinking it.

It probably meant nothing to him. He was drunk after all.

I decide to not talk about it unless he does. Yes, typical Dove, avoiding her problems.

I swing my legs to the edge of the bed and wear my pink flip flops. I walk into the bathroom, brush my teeth, and wash my face.

Walking out the bathroom, I see Fawn leaning over my phone. "You've got a weird text," She says, her brows furrowed.

I walk towards her and grab my phone. I frown when I see a weird text message from an unknown number.

Stay away from Gray or else...

Or else what?? I wanna know.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Fawn asks me.

I shrug, delete the text, and block the unknown number. I tie my hair in a messy bun and begin to apply my moisturizer to my face.

"What did the person mean by, stay away from Gray?" She asks again.

"I don't know and don't care, " I reply in a monotonous voice.

It was probably some harmless threat from one of his fangirls. I went through a lot of that when we started dating. I just didn't understand why they would text me now.

"I'm hungry, " I clutch my tummy and pout at Fawn.

She sighs and rolls her eyes. "Go make yourself something to eat," She jumps on the bed.

I purse my lips and walk out of the room. I guess I'd just have to make toast. Don't want to experiment and burn down Zyair's house.

On getting downstairs, Zyair and Gray are playing a video game and screaming at the tv.

I wasn't expecting to see Gray so soon. To be honest, I didn't want to. I turn to walk back upstairs when someone calls out my name.

"Good morning, Dove, " Amy calls in a cherry voice.

Gray's head snaps to the side, and his eyes meet mine. I give him a blank stare, refusing to react until he does.

He grins widely and gets up from the sofa. "Dude, what the fuck, " Zyair groans and grabs Gray's PlayStation.

He tries to play the game with both hands but eventually loses. He throws the PlayStation on the sofa angrily and turns to glare at Gray, his hands on his hips.