38. Hit Back

~song of the day~
  Tiger Moth - Monsta X

I walk into school Monday morning, prepared to take care of the threats, and the person responsible for it

I walk into school Monday morning, prepared to take care of the threats, and the person responsible for it. I wouldn't ignore it anymore, not when my friends' lives are at stake.

People can be such cowards. If you've got something to say, say it to my fucking face. Don't be hiding behind a tiny phone screen, sending death threats.

My eyes land on the victim- wait, I am the victim, so I'm going to rephrase that. My eyes land on the guilty party.

Luca is standing next to his locker, a grin on his face as he leans on his locker, engaged in a conversation with Zoe.

Well, is that grand? Two snakes communicating.

I walk up to them and pull Luca away from Zoe, letting him keep his perfect innocent image in Zoe's mind.

"Hey, I was talking to-,"

"Shut the fuck up," I cut her off. Luca yanks his wrist from my hand and stares at me, a bored expression on his face.

"Can I help you?" He raises his brow at me.

I look around at the people who were watching us, but pretending like they weren't and roll my eyes. I wanted to talk to him in private before, but it would be better to talk here.

I pull my phone out from my bag and show him the message. "What's this?" I ask, waving my phone in his face.

After struggling to read my phone screen, he collects the phone from me, narrowing his eyes as he scrolls through the messages.

"I really don't know," he replies and hands my phone back to me.

Liar.

"So, you didn't send me these messages?" I narrow my eyes into slits.

Luca juts out his lower lip and shakes his head. "NOPE."

I laugh at the absurdity and shake my head. He could have fooled me once, but not twice. I take small steps towards him, stopping just inches from his face.

He takes a sharp breath in and walks a step back. I mirror his steps until his back hits one of the lockers, leaving him no choice but to look me in the eye.

"What do you want, Dove," he asks with a small sigh.

"I want you to leave me and my friends alone. I want you to tell your friends or anyone sending me messages-, " I wave my phone in his face. "To stay the fuck away from me and my friends. Because I won't back down if you hurt them."

I turn on my heels to walk away- satisfied with my little rant- when I'm suddenly jerked back by Luca's strong arm. His breath fans my neck as he stands behind me, pinning my wrist behind my back.