32. Unexpected

~song of the day~
   Falling - Trevor Daniel

My head pounds harshly at my every attempt to remember what happened

My head pounds harshly at my every attempt to remember what happened. The last I remember was entering a van. I can't recall what happens after, or how I get here.

My eyes widen to take in my unfamiliar surrounding. The room is blue with beautiful murals on the wall. It contains a large neatly made bed, two black straight-backed chairs, a large white vanity table with led lights draped around it.

I try to move, but a sharp pain passes through my wrists, forcing me to stay in place. My hands are in a handcuff behind my back. The handcuff is then attached to one on the bedstands, making it impossible for me to move or stand.

Is this some 365 Dni shit? I thought the movie was cool, but this is actually terrifying in real life.

What if my Mafia is a fat old man with a big belly and mouth that smells like alcohol?

Shut up, Dove. Things like that don't happen in real life.

But what if they do?

The door to the room opens, pulling me out of my bizarre, unnecessary thoughts.

The light in the hallway prevents me from seeing the face of the man that walks in. His body shape looks young, though. He was probably in his late teens.

The closes the door behind him, and his face comes into view more perfectly. An unfamiliar face he is, with twinkling green eyes and slicked-back bronze hair.

"Hey, Dove, " He greets with a smile, a strong Australia drawl to his voice.

He knows my name. Why does he know my name?

"Who are you?" I ask, inching farther away from him, even though I couldn't move much due to the handcuffs.

"That doesn't matter, " He waves a dismissive hand. "Consider me your guardian angel, " he winks.

"What kind of guardian angel engages in kidnapping, " I snarl and move my hands to enable the cuffs to make a noise.

"A bad one?" He raises his brow.

I stare at him with a tilted head, unable to decipher what he wanted from me. He looks like a harmless cute teenager, not the type to kidnap a person.

"What do you want from me?"

He smirks slightly and bends, so he's staring straight into my eyes. "Don't worry. We aren't going to hurt you."

We? So there's more?

"Then why am I here?"

"We just need your help with something. I promise you won't die if your knight in shining armor isn't dumb, " He whispers in a soft, taunting voice.