13. Her story

Me and Dylan's faces went pale when we heard what Mrs, Hargreaves said.

"When I was in my early 20s I had just moved to my new apartment and didn't know very many people. The person across the hall from me was quite nice to me and helped me move all my stuff in, one night he asked me on a date. I didn't like him back so I politely declined. In the end he didn't really want to date me, He wanted my body. After I rejected him he pushed his way through the door and that's when it all happened." She said tears filling her eyes.

"If you don't mind me asking. Why did you decide to keep him?" I ask.

"I couldn't bring myself to getting rid of the poor baby. Even if he was a rape child. I would raise him right." She said drying her tears. "I found a nice partner and moved in with him and had Dylan. I raised the boys telling them that Dylan's dad was both of their dad."

"Where is their dad now?" I ask, Dylan gives me a sad look.

"He passed away a few years back." He said teary eyed again

"I'm sorry, I didn't know" I said regretting my words a little.

"Thats fine dear. Have you talked to your parents yet about the situation?" She asked.

"Yes, they didn't believe I was raped and thought I was lying to get out of the fact I had sex." I said now a little red in the face due to the tears. "I'm not welcomed into their house any longer, and they will only pay my school fees until the end of the year."

"Oh dear, I'm sorry." She said grabbing my hand and grasping it.

"I still don't fully know what I will do at the end of the year." I say tearing up yet again.

"Would you like to stay here?" She said without hesitation.

"I would love that, but I don't think it's safe for me to live in the same household as Ryder." I say smiling a little

"Ryder won't live here anymore. I'm going to the police tomorrow to get him arrested for raping you." She said confidently.

I was shocked, I hadn't mentioned anything about the police or anything to here so she must have made the decision whilst we were talking.

"Oh um..I forgot to mention. He said that if I told anyone he would murder me with his own hands" I said slightly shivering from fear.

Dylan wrapped his hand around me and pulled me close comforting me and calming me down.

"He can't hurt you if he is in jail. They would put him into jail and have a court hearing against him. That's what I did to the person who had raped me." She explained.

I was a little hesitant to go forward with the plan but agreed after a bit of persuasion.

"You guys must have gotten up early this morning to get here, did you want to stay the night then in the morning we will go to the police station and then you will head back to the boardinghouse?" she kindly offered.

"Yes ma, I think that will be best." Dylan answered.

She took us up to a nice room with a double bed, a big wardrobe, some sports equipment in the corner and a teenage boy vibe to the room in general. It was Dylan's room, to my surprise it was cleaner then most teenage boy room and as quite nice.

Me and Dylan just chilled in his room until it was dinner time, we walked out to Mrs, Hargreaves making a lovely beef lasagna and some Cesar salad. It was lovey and fresh.

After that I got ready for bed, borrowing a hairbrush and toothbrush and just sleeping in my clothes. It was just a hoodie and some black cotton shorts so not too uncomfortable, I snuggled up to Dylan and tried to sleep. But of course I couldn't as I was worrying about tomorrow and what might happen.