15. The arrest

Me and Dylan had a rough time sleeping the previous night, worrying about all that way happening was basically the only thing on our minds. We did Our best to focus on getting ready that morning.

Dylan made an omelette with bacon while I showed and got dressed. I wore a black hoodie with some denim shorts and some vans.
While I eat my omelette Dylan took his shower and got dressed. He work a black tie-die tee and some denim jeans with his maroon vans.

We got all our stuff and headed off to our classes. Dylan had previously said to me that Ryder needed to be at least 1.5 meters away from me at all times. It didn't take much persuading to get me to do this though.

Classes went on as normal, boring but hard enough to teach me something.
It was lunch time and I needed to grab some stuff out of my locker. But to my dismay Ryder was coming in close to me.

"Hey cutie" he said sliding next to be in the near empty hall.

I slipped a quick hey then started to walk off. This didn't last long though as I felt a strong hand grab my wrist and pull me back. Dylan pulled me up against his chest and whispered in my ear.

"You didn't tell anyone about what happened that night did you?"

"No" I shot back trying to pull away.

"Good, where were you yesterday then?" He asked menacingly.

" Dylan was getting homesick so we visited you mum and stayed the night." I said now finally breaking free. I sprinted Into the cafeteria.

I found Dylan and sat down with him. I quickly told him about the experience in the hall a few minutes earlier. He got a worried look but then out of the corner of my eye I saw a cop.

"Ryder Hargreaves, Ryder Hargreaves?" The cops were calling out.

Ryder had a puzzled look on his face when he stood up whilst everyone else was sitting. The police rushed over to him and pushed him onto the table and put him in hand cuffs.

"Your under arrest for the rape of Charlie Steenkamp" the police said before dragging him out.

Some girl that was sitting next to him leaped up and screamed "you raped someone?" She bent down and slapped his face and walked off.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS CHARLIE" he screamed before getting fulled dragged out of the room.

All eyes in the room turned to me

How did half the people in this room even know who I was?

I went back to eating quietly with Dylan by my side now with his hand on my leg to try and comfort me.

Once the lunch bell had rung I headed to class. While I was walking there and even while I was in class I heard people talking about me.

"She had sex with Ryder? I've been trying for weeks"

"Did he force her or did she agree?"

"Is she lying for the attention?"

I knew that they just didn't know the whole story and were making assumptions.

The day finally ended after too many assumptions and people starting at me.
When I got back to the dorm I found Dylan spiralled out on his bed fast asleep. I think I had kept him awake the previous night so I thought I'd let him sleep, I got all ready for bed then ordered some take out. I had to meet the person at the base of the building as he couldn't come into the dormitory area.

Once I had gotten back to the dorm Dylan was awake but a bit dazed from having just woken up.

"What time is it?" He asked after taking to food I had handed him.

"6:54, why?" I said

"Oh, damn I been asleep since 3" he said slightly chuckling.

We finished our food then Dylan got ready for bed and we got into bed.

"Dylan I'm worried about the hearing." I said just before we fell asleep.

"Ryder will be put in jail and you will be safe from everything he has done" he said confidently

Well as confident as you can get when your half asleep.

"Ok, night" I said putting my hands under the pillow and shutting my eyes.

"Night" Dylan says before doing the same

Next week would be a pretty big day for me.