37 ↬ 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

˗'ˏ chapter 37 ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 37 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐠𝐢 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐚 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞.

It was early in the morning, the sun yet to rise, the still dim sky and chilly air a clear sign that he should still be in bed, sleeping. If it weren't for the girl insisting that they train at this hour, he still would be. 

He groaned, kicking a pebble in his path. "What kind of freak wants to train at dawn?" 

Though the words 'effort' and 'trying' were unfamiliar and out of his vocabulary, training at this ungodly hour definitely seemed like a far better option than being devoured by a demon. 

You'd think that it would take more than one story from Y/N to get him to believe in the existence of demons but what she told him- it wasn't senseless. If anything, it actually helped him connect the dots.

As to why he could sometimes feel hungry stares when he's out alone at night. Why his brother is so protective of him. And why he once saw him looking like he came out of a bloodbath.

 Akiteru. 

'It's possible that he's one of them.'

Even if his relationship with his brother was sour, it doesn't mean that Tsukishima doesn't care for him. He was still his brother after all. Not to mention that he was probably the one that protected Kei all these years. But he'd be lying if he said it didn't give him another reason to be mad at Akiteru.

He kept another secret from him. 

Told another lie.

And it wasn't a measly thing like volleyball anymore. It was their lives on the line.

The thought terrified him. He never really thought about dying in general but if you asked him how he thought he'd die before, he'd probably answer something along the lines of 'sickness' or 'old age.' But not once had he ever considered being killed by a demon. Not once had he thought how likely it may happen because of the blood running thick in his veins.

Not only that, the people around him are also at risk. He was putting their lives at risk.

He was a damn marechi after all.