Stare Into The Abyss

'The Glitch, as I am now dubbing it, started invading our world at approximately 8:37 AM GST on June 24th 2023.' Golf Ball sighed while staring at the report she was working on. She tried to act like it was just another anomaly, just another unknown thing. But she knew that the Glitch was way more. Nonetheless, she tried not to let her fear overpower her.

'The Glitch is a type of pseudo-liquid, as it does not have a solid shape. Unlike other liquids, the Glitch seems to have a mind of its own, and can easily move around and even fly without much difficulty. The Glitch however is very slow, as power-walking is faster than the Glitch as far as I know.' Golf Ball looked around for a second. The horrors which had taken place yesterday were still very prominent in her mind. She shuddered at the thought of it, before disappearing back into her work. 'It also emits a sound which kind of sounds like TV static. It is unknown how it produces this sound.' TV static..

TV..

No. Stay focused.

'The Glitch is very deadly, and its main goal is to attack, or corrupt, living organisms. Once an organism has come into contact with the Glitch, it will succumb to its influence very quickly. Corrupted organisms will become very aggressive a' Golf Ball stopped writing. Her pencil quickly fell to the ground. The memories which she had tried so to block out and forgot had one again came back.

Smiles. Insane eyes. Screams. Weeping. Laughing.

Laughing.

-----

It came out of nowhere. One second everything was normal, with people stressing about the elimination which would take place tomorrow. The next..

Her team was quickly split up in the chaos. Pen was the first object which she saw. But before she could do anything, they were pushed into the Glitch by a newly-corrupted Coiny. One scream and horrific gurgling noise later, he was already gone. The Glitch worked fast. She tried to look for the rest of her team, only to realize that they were all split up. Eraser was running into a nearby forest. Fries and Puffball were quickly flying away from the contestant grounds. TV and Tennis Ball were still unaccounted for. She looked around for Two, only to see the algebralian missing. Golf Ball started to hyperventilate. They left us here? To DIE? Fear started to dig it's nails into her mind.

"Come on! - We need to - go!"

The chopped up talking meant only one thing, TV. Turning around, Golf Ball realized that his left leg had a massive wound on it, while his screen was partially cracked around the edges. "TV! Have you seen Tennis Ball?" Golf Ball was very worried for her plutonic friend. "No." Golf Ball sighed. She knew it would be too dangerous to look for Tennis Ball right now, but she silently pledged to look for him as soon as she got the chance. "Where - do we - go?"

A loud shatter sound was heard among the chaos. Golf Ball's mind started racing. "My Underground Factory, quick!" They both started desperately running towards the entrance.