18.When The Table Turns

I walk side by side with Liv as we leave the cafeteria, cappuccinos and a muffin in hand.

"I think my skirt is getting short"I say my mouth stuffed with muffin.

"Nah,it's good".

Our school sports clothes was nothing special;It comprised of two uniforms.The Wednesday uniform was a blue or yellow or red or green sleeveless tank top (depending on your team),a white pleated skirt (for senior girls bcos they know we aren't dirty like those rats in 7th grade upwards), white knee length socks and any sneakers of your choice.Boys wore the same but had knee length shorts.Our Friday uniform was the same colour combo, only in form of tracksuits.Liv and I are in team yellow,which was really filled with popular girls.

Fun right?

Liv quickly chugs her cappuccino and throws her cup in the nearby trash can before walking into our gym,which lead to our field outside.I look at her like she was crazy  and walked in with my cup.Too bad the muffin was finished.

Our gym was on an average rate in terms of hall terms I guess.It composes of a really wide hall,and has bleachers around so that tired peeps could take a brake.There are individual lockers with each person's name on a silver plate,slid in a space on the door.The walls are cream in colour and it was enough to accommodate atleast up to 1000 or more people.Our soft ball coach,Miss Quinn stood on the stage and blew her whistle, drawing everyone's attention.

"Hey guys.Im sure you guys are wondering why I called an emergency meeting"everyone bobs their heads and she continues."we have a transfer student who used to be one of our smartest and most friendliest students about two years ago.We was known by all,but not in the position of a popular person.Some of you may know him if you've attended this school since your seventh grade"she smirked, really excited.

"Who is it?"

"Its a guy?"

"Bet he's hot"

"Where the hell is he?"

"What if it's Christopher Lawrence from eighth grade?"Liv engulfs me in a teasing hug,while I stretch my hand so that my precious cappi wouldn't spill.I made a throw up face.

Christopher Lawrence was a jerky need who had a straight forward mind for someone behind glasses.If you know what I mean.He was smart and had a cute boyish smile,and his teeth always white.We were really close,and he was like my study buddy.But when he asked me to be his girlfriend straight up,I turned him down.Trust me when I say those white teeth now started looking disturbingly yellow to me,as if he was chewing some wierd concussion of drugs.After a month of confessing his in quote ' undying love' for me,he and his family moved to the UK to start afresh.Not that I asked,but rumours spread like wildfire in this school.

"Never"

Liv chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"Okay okay.You can come out now"Miss Quinn chirps.

I decided to start looking at the guy for below before seeing his face.

What?

If he's Christopher Lawrence,then I'll be in deep doo doo.

A tall walked in,about 6'1,who has perfect looking legs,a super nice Nike and white socks on,his shorts were a little bit below his knees and he had his hands stuffed in his pocket.There is this welcoming aura I am sensing around him,and I almost drool when I see his muscles.I look at his face,and that was when I literally froze.Liv stiffens and I could feel her eyes on me.The guy is searching for someone and he stops when his eyes met mine.I can feel my heart beating in my mouth.The blood from my face ran down and I look at my arm.I had gone completely pale.