Chapter 1

Audrey pulled the saddle down from rack and stepped back as the weight fell into her arms. She walked back to the stall she had just vacated, where a tall dark brown stallion stood waiting patiently for her. The doors to the stables were wide open and a breeze blew through, bringing with it the sweet scent of fresh grass and warm air that mixed with the smell of hay. She was sliding the saddle over the horses back when she heard footsteps clack against the concrete floor.

"Audy, are you in here?" A high voice called out.

"I'm with Lincoln, Lottie." Audrey called out.

She was strapping on the saddle when Charlotte found her.

"There you are, I need your advice. It's absolutely urgent." Charlotte said.

"Well, then if it's urgent what are you waiting for, hurry woman spit it out, lives could be at stake!" Audrey said, her tone sarcastically excited.

"Don't make fun of me this is urgent, it's about Paul." Charlotte said, on the verge of stamping her heel.

Audrey stopped working with the Lincoln's strapped and looked up at Charlotte. She was wearing a slight annoyed looked.

"Alright." Audrey said, leaning against the back of Lincoln, her head resting on her hand, her other hand on her hip. "Tell me all your woes and I shall fix them." Audrey said.

She looked at Charlotte and could see why some people said they looked alike, both had blonde hair, though Audrey's was closer to white than Charlotte's strawberry blonde hair. Their faces had the same soft cheeks and strong cheek bones but that's were the similarities ended. Where Charlotte's hair was always perfectly styled Audrey's stayed in a ponytail most of the time to keep it out of the way.

At one time, she had thought about buzzing it but realized she needed to look the part at times and that wouldn't do. Where Charlotte wore just right amount of make up to recreate her face, Audrey cringed when lip gloss was needed. Charlotte never seemed to get dirty, her designer clothes always looking immaculate, were Audrey's jeans, vans and assorted colors of tank tops usually didn't make it through the day clean. Despite all this Charlotte still walked down to the stables to ask for Audrey's advice.

"So I need help because I thought me and Paul were official but the other day Liddy said she saw him with Jeanette. So now I have no idea what to do. Do I just plan it cool or do I confront him? Ugh and it's the polo game today and he'll be there and Jeanette will probably as well, what do I do?" Charlotte said, desperation in every word.

Audrey's brow furrow at Charlotte's words and she finished putting on Lincoln's saddle before answering.

"Do you like Paul? I mean really like him, he's not just another one in a long line?" Audrey asked.

"I really do." Charlotte's voice was sincere.

"Okay then dump him." Audrey said, matter of fact.

"What?"

"If you dump him and he likes you has much as you like him then he'll fight for you, if not then he isn't worth your time, honestly." Audrey said.

She leaned against the stalls frame, arms folded, observing Charlotte's expression. Charlotte didn't talk for a moment her eyes down cast and her brain running. After a quiet minute, Charlotte looked up, a mischievous smile on her face.

"Alright. I'll do it. Today after the game. I can't wait to see the look on his face." Charlotte said, determined. "Wish me luck."

"Good luck."

Charlotte left, her heels clicking out her exit. Audrey watched her go smiling to herself. She had asked Charlotte one time why she came down to the stables just to get her advice and her response has been simple, 'you're an unbiased person who has no motive to get with any of my men'. Audrey had agreed and Charlotte had visited her more frequently, talking out all her problems. Audrey walked back in to the stall and coxed Lincoln into his bridle.