Chapter 7

"Bash construction how can I help you?" A woman's voice said on the other end of the phone.

"This is Audrey Wood, secure number Tango bravo Charlie 6 2 Victor 8 3 1." Audrey said, clearly.

"Hello Ms. Wood what can I do for you?"

"I need to be connected with Ethan Wells."

"Just one moment." The woman said.

There was a small click on the other line and Audrey leaned back on her pillows to wait. The sun was low in the sky and she knew she only had a few minutes before Lucas came to take her to the bonfire. He had asked her when they were sitting by the pool saying he didn't want to show up alone.

"Audrey, how's my favorite person?" A voice said on the other end.

Audrey smiled at the comment, the feeling mutual.

"Good, how about yourself? Keeping busy?"

"Always, I'm pretty sure there has never been a time when I haven't been busy. Now what do you need?"

"I need you to do a full shake down on Lucas Danes's history and see what you find, start with his boarding schools. I want to know if any of his past was faked."

"Sure thing. Anything wrong?"

"No, I don't think so but he is conveniently two doors down from us in a house I didn't even know was for sell so just want to make sure with this one."

"You got it. How is the world of the rich and fabulous?"

"Oh you know, rich and fabulous." Audrey joked.

"Funny. I miss you, Audrey, you should take a sick day and come see me, my computers just don't match your wit."

"Glad to hear it but you know I can't do that. Though if you want to conveniently meet me at a coffee shop that I will be at this Sunday then I'm not going to stop you, say around 12. You know which one."

"How can I refuse such an amazing offer. I'll get going on that shake down, I'll have something to tell you Sunday."

"Great thanks, Ethan, see you then."

"Of course, Audrey."

The phone clicked and the call ended. A smile sat on Audrey's lips and for a moment she didn't move. A knock came on her door and she came back to herself.

"One minute." Audrey called out.

She hopped off her bed and slipped into a pair of flip flops that lay at the foot of her bed. Her hair was a blonde waving mess but she felt it worked for the bonfire. She wore a comfortable lose top and a pair of blue shorts. She pulled the door open and stepped back.

"James!?"

"Hey gorgeous, I thought you might need a date to this shindig." He said, walking into her room.

"Actually..."

"Audrey?" A voice called out from the first floor.

"I guess not, who do you have a on string now?" James said, playfully.

"No one. I'm up here Lucas." Audrey called down to him. "He just didn't want to show up alone." She said to James.

"Sure, cause he would have no reason to want to take a beautiful girl to a bonfire for any other reason then he didn't want to go alone." James said, sarcastically.

Audrey glared at him, not saying anything, hearing Lucas's footsteps on the stairs.

"Hey you ready..." Lucas stopped talking when he spotted James.