Chapter 11: Put A Little Love On Me.

[ Are your tears falling down when the lights are low? ]

---

       A week later, we're in Melbourne. I've tried keeping contact with my family and Yomara as much as I can, but it's been hard due to the time differences. I finally got time to call them when we got to the hotel. I leave my door open, just in case someone needs me.

      I sit on the bed facing the window as I dial Gramma's number. I place the phone up to my ear and fix my glasses as I wait for her to answer. I stare at the bright lights lighting up the city. I smile when I hear the so familiar voice. "Hello?" 

      "Hi, Gramma." I greet. 

      "Hi, mija! How are you doing?" 

      "I'm great. A little tired is all. How is everybody?" 

      "We're all great. Haley finally got a haircut." I chuckle feeling the tears of missing home start building up. 

      "I miss you guys. A lot." I say, my voice shaking a bit. 

      "We miss you too. Do you plan on visiting soon?" 

      I shrug, knowing she can't see me. "I don't know yet. But I'll let you know when I can." 

      "Okay, baby. Where are you guys right now?" 

      "We're actually in Australia." I say feeling a tear fall. 

      "Oh, wow! Have you seen any kangaroos yet?" 

      Another tear falls as I laugh. "No, I haven't looked." 

      She laughs on the other end and sighs. "Okay, well. I have to get going to work. I'll talk to you soon, okay?" 

      I nod, again, realizing that she can't see me. "Oh, okay, Gramma."  I wipe away a tear and sigh. "I love you." I say. 

      "I love you too. Bye." 

      "Bye." 

      I was never one to be homesick, but this distance has made me realize how much I miss them. I've never traveled without them, nor have I been in a whole different country. 

Niall's Pov:

      I walk to Emily's room after the lads chose me to ask her if she wanted to go out to eat with us. I arrive to her room, surprised to see her door already open. I walk in, but stop in my tracks when I see her back to me. 

      "Hi, Gramma... I'm great. A little tired is all. How is everybody?" She chuckles while a muffled voice talks from her phone. "I miss you guys. A lot..." She says, her voice cracking as she does. My heart sinks, she's homesick. She shrugs, "I don't know yet. But I'll let you know when I can... We're actually in Australia." She says with a small nod. She slightly laughs, "No, I haven't looked." She says wiping her face. She sighs, "Oh, okay Gramma." She wipes her face again, "I love you... Bye." 

      I came in at the wrong time. But, she needs someone to comfort her. I knock lightly on the door making her jump and start wiping her face. "Hey. You okay?" I ask walking in. 

      She nods quickly, "Uh, yeah. What's up?" She stands up and the fact that she's been crying is evident. 

      "The boys wanted to know if you wanted to go out to eat with us..." I trail off. "Do you want to?" 

      She shakes her head while pulling the sleeves of her sweater. "Uh, no. I'll hang back." She says. 

      "Are you sure?" She nods with a small smile. 

      "How much of that phone call did you hear?" She asks, biting on her lower lip. 

      I give a small sigh, "Enough to know that you're homesick." I admit. 

      She sighs and sit on her bed, putting her head in her hands. "I'm sorry. You weren't supposed to hear it." She says, looking back up at me. I sit next to her, putting my hand on her back to comfort her. 

      "It's okay." I say. "You know, even though we haven't known each other long, you can still talk to me." 

      She smiles lightly, "I just feel like... Like I'm spending most of my time on work when I should be spending time on them." She admits, putting her head on my shoulder. I feel my heart beat a hundred times faster. I wasn't used to this type of affection ever since Hailee, and even then, I didn't like it.

      I sigh, "I know how you feel." 

      She puts her head up and looks at me, "You do?" I nod, my eyes melting into hers. I don't remember who was going in first, but the moment ended when Louis barged in. 

      "Hey- WHOA!" Emily and I jump apart from each other and look at Louis. "Was I interrupting something?" Louis asks. 

      Emily and I both shake our heads, "No." 

      "No." Louis smirks but shrugs it off. 

      "Okay, well, I came to see what the wait was." He says, his eyes flicking from me, to Emily, back to me. "Em, you coming?" Emily looks at me quickly and back at Louis. 

      "N-No. I'm going to try and catch up on some sleep. You guys go ahead and go without me." 

      "Alriiiight..." Louis trails off. "See you later!" He calls grabbing me and dragging me out the door. "What was that I just walked in on?" Louis teases as soon as we were away from hearing distance. 

      "I-I don't know." When we get down to the rest, they groan. 

      "It's about time! I'm starving!" Zayn complains. 

      "Sorry." I mutter. 

      "What was the hold up?" Liam asks as we begin to walk out. Before I can say anything, Louis pipes into the conversation. 

      "He almost kissed Emily." 

      "Louis, shut up!" 

      "Whoa, Niall!' Harry exclaimed making me roll my eyes. 

      "Did you really?" Liam asks. I nod. 

      "No fucking way." Zayn says in disbelief. 

      "Yeah, but Louis had to walk in." 

      Louis shrugs, "Well, sorry, lad. I'm hungry." 

      Thanks, Louis.

------

[ Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan ]

-----

A/N:

ha, i'm so evil

Also, did you like the change in point of view? I don't think I'll be doing it often, but, if I do, lemme know if you like it...

When Zayn said "No fucking way" I was so close to writing "No fooking way" 

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx

[Edit] 200+ READS IN THREE WEEKS?! JSDFRKLATGNV I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

[Edit] Also, this will NOT be one of those cheesy fanfics that they start dating right away after their "moment", HAHA NOPE! LOTS OF DRAMA IN UPCOMING CHAPTERS!