Chapter 15: Castle On The Hill.

[ I can't wait to go home ]

---

      Later that night I'm in my pajamas with my laptop in my lap. I'm looking for flights to New Mexico, obviously I still have to talk to James and Mr. King about it. I don't book the flight yet, I just shut my laptop and lay back in bed. I fix the glasses that are falling from my nose and hear my phone ding beside me. I click on the notification from Snapchat seeing a photo Tia Valerie sent me. Of her, Allie, and my cousin, Deidre. 

They miss you :)  

      I smile and take a video of myself blowing a kiss to them and send it. Shortly after I do, my phone rings, Tia Valerie is requesting a Face Time. The ringtone making me smile. "Hey, you doing okay?" 

      I nod, "Uh, yeah. I just got in bed." I explain, she nods and looks off camera. 

     "Allie wants to talk to you." I nod and smile brightly seeing her. 

      "Hey! How are you?" 

      "Emmy! I miss you." Her lisp making my heart melt. 

      "I miss you too, bubs." 

      "You come home?" 

      "Soon, okay? Has Grampa been feeding Haley?" 

      Allie nods, "Me too!" 

      "Great job." I smile. In the background, I hear Deidre gasp. 

      "Is that her? Lemme talk to her!" The phone is passed to Deidre who smiles, "Emmy!" I smile, 

      "Hey, Dee." 

      "So how's LA?" She asks sitting on the couch. 

      "I'm actually not in LA, Dee." She gives me a puzzled look, "I'm a photographer, 'member?" 

      She nods slowly, "Who are you a photographer for?" 

      I sigh, "If I tell you, promise you won't scream." 

      She rolls her eyes, "If you say One-" 

      "I'm a photographer for One Direction." Her jaw drops, "Don't scream!" 

      "I- YOU'RE A PHOTOGRAPHER FOR THE MOST FAMOUS BAND IN THIS ENTIRE DAMN PLANET AND YOU EXPECT ME TO NOT SCREAM?!" 

      "Dee, shut up!" I giggle.

      After talking with them a little while longer, we decide on calling it a night, due to me having to wake up early tomorrow. Tomorrow, I'd have to speak to James about getting some time off.

      I leave my phone on the nightstand and plug it in to charge and get comfortable under the blankets and shut off the light.

THE NEXT MORNING

      I meet everyone in the lobby with my eyes probably bloodshot. During the night, if I'm stressed, I tend to not sleep. Considering everything going on between Niall and Gramma, you could imagine the struggle. 

      "Jeez, Em, are you high?" Louis asks grabbing my face and examining it. 

      "No, I am not high," I say pushing his hands off. "I just didn't get much sleep." I sigh. 

      "Awe, poor little baby didn't get much sleep..." Harry teases with a pout while hugging me. I roll my eyes and detach myself from him. 

      "Now will you please tell us what happened?" Liam asks wrapping an arm around my shoulders. 

      I shake my head with a yawn, "Don't worry 'bout it. Just some family stuff." I reply.

      "Alright guys, let's go! Cars are outside!" Paul announces and ushers us out. 

      "Um, Paul... I've been meaning to talk with James, do you know where he is?" I ask him. 

      "At the moment, I don't. But I'll find him and tell him you wanna talk with him. Is that okay?" 

      I nod, "Thank you." I get into the bus that's taking us to Singapore and sit beside Harry who lets me sleep on his lap. 

---

      "So, what is it you wanted to speak about?" James asks as we enter his hotel room. 

      "Um, since break is coming up, I was wondering if you needed me for those two weeks..." I ask fiddling with my fingers. 

      "Why?" He asks. 

      "There's been a family emergency. Obviously if you need me, I'll tell them I can't go..." 

      James shakes his head, "Emily, don't worry about it. You've been working hard and family always comes first. When do you plan on leaving?" 

      "I was hoping after Dubai," James nods. 

      "Okay, well, from what I know, we won't need you. If we somehow do need a photographer, I'll call backup." 

      I smile, "Thank you so much, James." 

      "You're welcome. I just need to confirm, you will meet us back at Cardiff, right?" 

      I nod, "Yes, yeah." 

      "Okay, great."

---

      "You're leaving again? Why?" Yomara groans through the phone while watching me apply my makeup. 

      "Family." I respond while applying mascara. 

      "But you were supposed to come home!" 

      "And I still am. I'm going with Gramma for a week and going back to LA for the next week. Then you can have me the entire week." I say screwing closed the mascara. 

      She sighs, "Alright, I'll pick up some overtime, maybe I can get the week off." She says. 

      "I miss you a lot! I'll be home soon." 

      "I miss you too, Em!"

------

[ Castle On The Hill - Ed Sheeran ]

------

A/N:

I'm not on tour so exCUse me if that's not what happens. 

Also, pretty crazy what happened between Niall and Emily huh??? 

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx