Chapter 40: It's Nice To Have A Friend.

['Wanna hang out?' Yeah, sounds like fun]

       I felt better. After getting everything off my chest, I felt like bricks were lifted off my shoulders. 

     We were now back in LA for our break before tour starts again. I know that I shouldn't be going back to work, but I'm okay now. After the talk with Louis and Grampa basically kicking me out of the house, I'm okay. I didn't go through the Five Stages Of Grief which was a shocker, but it's a good thing. I've accepted that Gramma was in a better place and watching over us. As much as I'll miss her, I'll never forget her. 

      Today, Deidre was supposed to be coming to the city with me and staying for a few days, in her words, "to make sure I was okay". I told her I was, but she still wanted to come. Which I didn't mind. Her plane would be arriving at any minute. I was sitting at LAX's chairs waiting for her as promised in Niall's hoodie and some sweatpants. It was nighttime, okay? My hair was thrown into a messy ponytail and my glasses kept falling. I spotted Deidre walking through the crowd of people before her eyes landed on me. "Emmy!" She squealed as she jogged over to me. She hugged me tightly and we started walking out of the airport after grabbing her bags.

      "How was the flight?" I asked unlocking my car. 

      "It was fine. A lot of screaming babies, though." She sighed as I placed her bag in the trunk. 

      "Welcome to LA." I joked as we got into the car. We put on our seat belts before I turned on the vehicle. 

      "You look comfy." She stated looking at my hoodie. I felt my face grow hot as I pulled out of the parking lot. 

      "I am comfy." I turned on the radio and kept it at a low volume. 

      "How has dating Mr. Superstar going?" She asked as I made my way to the freeway. 

      I scoff, "Okay, was that necessary?" I ask referring to the nickname. 

      "Yep." I roll my eyes and smile. 

      "It's been great." I smile. 

      "Yeah?" I nod and lean my head back against the seat. 

      "He comes over all the time." I say. 

      Deidre holds her hand up, "Hold up, if he's gonna be coming while I'm here, I'm getting a hotel." 

      "Oh, shush." I chuckle. 

      "I'm being serious! I need my beauty sleep." She jokes. I giggle and feel myself grow sweaty. I turn on the AC just as the radio announces the upcoming song. 

      "Latest from One Direction, 'Half The World Away'." I smile and turn up the volume. Deidre and I sang to the radio all the way home.

---

      "So, what are we doing today?" Deidre asks as we walk out of the apartment. I lock the door as I respond. 

      "We are going to have a girl's day with my friend." Deidre claps. 

      "Ooh! How exciting!" We walk down the hall and into the hallway and into the elevator. 

      "What are we gonna do?" She asks as the doors slide closed. 

      "We're gonna walk around Hollywood." I smile, "Take pictures of the Walk Of Fame, I don't know, shopping." The doors slide open and I'm immediately greeted with a cool breeze. 

      Yomara's car waited outside with her windows down. "Get in losers, we're going shopping!" I roll my eyes at the reference and get into the passenger seat while Deidre gets in the back. 

      "Did you have to say that?" I question clipping in by seat belt. 

      "Yes! It's a necessity to live a healthy life!" She says starting to drive. 

      "No, the necessity to life is surviving." I retort and hear Deidre laughing in the back. 

      "Anyways!" Yomara exclaims turning up the volume of her radio. One Direction's solo careers played loudly through the speakers of her car. I shake my head and turn down the volume. 

      "No, no, no. This is a girl's day." 

      "Yes! But we need music!" 

      "No One Direction! I'm literally with them every single day." 

      "That's even better!" Yomara changes the playlist to the band's work, making me smile. 

---

      "How was a day with the girls?" Niall asks through the phone as I slip on my pajama shirt. 

      "It was good. We went to the Walk Of Fame and Yomara recited the entire Best Song Ever thing when we passed the Hollywood sign." Niall laughs making me smile. "How was your day?" I ask laying on my bed. 

      "You know, it was okay." 

      "Just okay?" 

      "I had a lot of work to do and the lads and I went to an interview... It was fine. The interviewer was really pushy." I giggle and let out a sigh. "I miss you." He says.

      I feel my face heat up at his words. "I miss you too." 

      "When was Deidre leaving?" 

      "The end of the week." I reply. 

      "Then I'll see you then. Okay?" I smile and bite my bottom lip. 

      "Okay." 

      "I love you." 

      "I love you." 

      "Sleep tight. Goodnight, love." 

      "Goodnight." Niall hangs up leaving me grinning like a fool. 

      What did I do to deserve Niall? He's such an amazing guy. 

      I have absolutely fallen for him.

------

[It's Nice To Have A Friend - Taylor Swift]

------

A/N:

(;'д`)ゞ I want a boyfriend.

That's all

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx

[Edit] Happy early birthday to Mr. Lima Bean (i mean) Liam Payne!! I love you so so so SO much that I don't even think it's healthy anymore!! Enjoy your 27th, lots and lots of hugs coming your way!!