IWDTLY (A Draco Malfoy Love Story) ... 2

A fun and probably in the way Author's Note: halo! Thank you to those few people who said they liked my story idea. People, you do understand that this is a for-my-own-fun-and-games story, right? As in, I'm writing this 'cause I have writer's block on another story? Anyway, I must say, again, if I say something stupid and idiotic such as "Whoa, there Mr. I-Smoke-Pot-Er!" Tell me off and tell me to say something else, 'cause this person doesn't know anything but the basics of the world of HP.

TW (1/2022): for a joke mentioned and denoted (by TW (start) and TW (end)) pertaining to an eating disorder (anorexia). I've heard the complaints, I've read the comments. I will not be editing anything out, just at least denoting what is clearly a point of contention and triggering for some readers. Thank you! 

I Was Dared to Love You (A Draco Malfoy Love Story) 

Chapter 2: So ... Come Here Often?

            After changing into my robes and flitting at top speed through the portrait hole, I scampered down to the Great Hall. The doors were widely opened to reveal the bustle of breakfast. People in various Houses were chatting and waiting for the meal to be served. Ginny waved me over (she didn't wait for me ... the bloody early bird) to the Gryffindor table and I sat next to her. Just my luck, she got the bench facing the Slytherin table. Leave it to Ginny to find the seat directly in front of Malfoy and his ... eh ... friends? Those pig-eating, sweets stuffing Crabbe and Goyle. To his right, Pansy was daintily shoving a sausage around her almost empty plate, while her other hand was fiddling with Malfoy's fingers. Malfoy doesn't look to happy about it either. His light blonde eyebrows are scrunched together in frustration above his stormy gray eyes. Gray, not silver. They were flat in every dimension, except that flicker of light that glowed in the corner. The way his other hand gripped his fork showed his anger and annoyance at Parkinson, even if he wouldn't admit it. I gave a small snort, only to have him look up. Flinching, my eyes wander back to the safe zone: the Gryffindor table.

(TW (start))

            Once my eyes find the safe zone, I find that the meal had been served, which explained where Pansy got her meal from. There was much to choose from but my eyes wandered up to Ron, Ginny's older brother. He was attempting to shove his sixth serving of black pudding down his throat.

            Giving him a look of disgust, I say, "God Ron, anorexic much?" in a joking tone.

            "What?" he says ever so gentlemanlike, a little pudding dribbling down his chin. I watch as it trails, sticks, and drips back down to his bowl. When I don't answer immediately, he grumbles and scoops up more black, shoveling it into his mouth with little accuracy.

(TW (end))

            "Hey! Vi, would you go to the Library with me? I seemed to have forgotten Hogwarts: A History in there," Hermione trails off when I give her a blank look. Snapping out of it, I jump up and agree to join her, anything to get away from Ronald.

-------| (^^^) (Shark?) (I suppose ...) |-------

            After Hermione and I left the Great Hall, we speedily walked to the Library. This book better be worth missing breakfast for. But knowing Hermione as I do, any book was worth it in her opinion. We entered the Library, wandering slightly as Hermione retraced her steps. She found the old, dusty leather strapped book on a desk promptly in the middle of the room. Typical. Sighing, I spin on my heel, beginning to head out. Instead my arm is grabbed and I'm dragged into the depths of history and anatomy. God, I hate books. They make me sleepy and the words all blur together. Soon I find myself gasping for air, only getting cobwebs and ancient dust in return. Stupid bloody Library.

            "You have got to see this one book. It's got—" Her words began to fumble together as I let my mind wander. Where it went was totally unexpected.

            'How am I going to convince Malfoy to ... date me?' began my internal conversation. It wasn't out of the ordinary for me to have conversations with myself. They were usually a bit more entertaining than ones about books and 'Harry's adorable scar.'

            "Oh, I don't know. Why don't you go ask him that?" Hermione commented back nonchalantly.

            Dear Merlin! I said that out loud?!

            Before I was able to refuse, I was shoved very delicately over to the desks in the center of the Library. To my great dismay I crashed right into Malfoy and sent him flying from his chair.

            "Shit, shit, shit. I'm going to hex her ass ..." I mutter as my arms tried to push my body off of his. Trying desperately to ignore my reddening cheeks and the fact that I can feel the anger boiling from him, I continue to shove against his chest unsuccessfully.

            Malfoy slides his thin figure out from under mine and stands up. Giving his robes an unneeded dusting he looks down at me in distaste. Too lazy to actually stand all the way up, I sit pretzel style in the middle of the Library. My eyes look up at his and I say to my utter humiliation, "So ... come here often?"

-------| Hermione's POV |--------

            I give a giggle as I peek from behind the book shelves. Violet had gone tumbling forward right into Malfoy. The looks on his and her face were utterly priceless in every meaning of the word. Once I saw him directly behind her, sitting alone at the table with no one else about, I just knew. There was no way I was going to give up that chance. I mean, who would? Malfoy alone, Violet's dare, it was the perfect opportunity! A way to introduce them.

            "So ... come here often?" I hear Vi's flitty alto voice mumble.

            Oh. That. Little. Mindless. Fool. Why did she ask such a cliché line, really?

            Not, "Oh butternuts, I'm so terribly sorry!" That would have at least sounded normal.

            To my great surprise Malfoy answered! "Yeah, I do." Giving another daring peek, I watch as Malfoy collects his books and walks away from Violet, who was still on the floor, pretzel style. Not one word about mudblood germs or how she messed up his robes. Not one comeback or insult.

            Maybe Ginny's plan could actually succeed ...

====

Hope you liked it!

Comment, Vote, and Fa-Han?

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess

Edit (4/2017): Just a nice reminder to everyone, I wrote this when I was 14 (a good 7 years ago now). Any and all discourse over my anorexia joke is nice and all, but in the end I was 14 and thought it was funny at the time. Is that shitty? Yeah. Probably. Doesn't mean I agree with the joke. It was sarcastic and was specifically written to be. Thanks for your time.