IWDTLY (A Draco Mafloy Love Story) ... 7

Now I know you guys seriously don’t read my Author’s Notes: Read me or die! Kidding, I wouldn’t be able to kill someone, too messy for my taste. This will be short (the Author’s Note). Just wanted to thank everyone for the support and shiz! And I thought I’d clue you in, when I get comfortable with a story, I little by little put swear words in … habit!

I Was Dared to Love You (A Draco Malfoy Love Story)

Chapter 7: Our Make Friends With The Enemy Plan … Worked?

--------| Draco’s POV |--------

            I wasn’t following her. I will get that out of the way before any of you gits squeal and call me “sweet.” I’m no stalker, especially not for a mudblood. Jesperson just happened to forget her quill in the classroom, that was all. The plan was to just leave it there and let her figure out where the bloody hell it went, but Snape had a different idea.

            “Take this to Miss Jesperson,” he said while pushing a lock of lanky ebony hair from his face. The brown flecked quill was in his outstretched hand and I snatched it unwillingly. Grabbing my items also, I walked out of the classroom.

            “Hermione Granger! You get you’re skinny tushie back here! I’ve got things to say to you!” That girl really had no self-control. She was screaming like a bat out of hell down the corridor chasing after Granger as if it were all her fault that she had Anatomy. Which it very well could be. Friends had been allowed to volunteer others they knew. Picking up my pace, I jogged after the screeching girl. Granger was rushing to the only safe haven she probably knew of: the Library. How very typical.

            They both began whispering in a row a few meters away. Inching a bit closer I could make out a few words here and there, but eventually I was able to make out, “The plan, really Hermione?”

            Thinking this was my cue to butt in like the badass I was supposed to be, I interrupted with, “What plan?”

            Jesperson’s shoulders tensed and she flicked her gaze behind her. “Um … the p-plan to …” At least she wasn’t acting dumb about the situation like that pug face Parkinson would have. That girl couldn't lie her way out of a wet paper bag.

            Granger stood up from her fetal position on the floor and calmly stated, “The plan to make you and Vi friends, of course.” Jesperson shoved Granger and her face was bright pink in an attractive fashion. Glancing back at Granger, a silent Girl Code message was sent.

            Smirking for real this time, I stated, “Friends, really?”

            Granger shoved Jesperson back and she tumbled over to stand right in front of me. “Y-yeah,” she answered shyly while fiddling with a strand of her short brown hair. Her greenish eyes peeked up at me and I smirked again.

            Being the taller of this trio, I bent down next to her ear and whispered, “Now, why would I be friends with a mudblood, Violet?” like the ass that I am. I could feel the heat of her blush and her breath slide down my neck. Two shoulders shrugged up and then back down.

            “Because I’m awesome,” she mumbled back, not at all affected by the 'mudblood' comment. Standing up straight, I looked back at Granger who was smiling softly at Jesperson and me. Giving her a glare, I handed the quill over and spun on my heels.

            “So … does that mean we’re friends or not?” came a voice behind me.

            “Acquaintances,” I snapped back for a reply, not bothering to look back.

----------| Violet’s POV |-----------

            “That worked. I cannot believe that worked …” Hermione trailed off as she stepped up behind me. While Malfoy had been staring at us, Hermione sent me the just-go-along-with-my-plan message. So now I finally knew her bloody secretive plan. Now the whole day seemed to make utter sense. As Hermione had been walking out of the Anatomy class, she had placed her extra quill on my desk. Snape had saw her and seemed to not mind his part in the plan, not that he ever really had a part in the first place. Malfoy was known for being the last to leave class, so basically he would have to give me “my” quill. It was based solely on chance that Malfoy would actually bring me the quill. Of course I had no absolute idea and was totally confused when he handed me a quill that wasn’t even mine.

            “Just wait till Ginny hears about Step Two being complete,” Hermione stuttered out.

            “Well, it’s not technically complete …” I trailed off when she gave me the death glare.

            “Say thank you,” her hands were on her hips and she was giving me the appreciate-your-bloody-friend look.

            “Thanks, ‘Mione,” sighing in defeat, we began to walk back to the common room.

---------| \m/ rock on! (see the hand?) |----------

            A long high-pitched scream could probably be heard in the Muggle world. Ginny was hopping up and down on her bed as Hermione recalled (in detail, mind you) what had happened that day. I was twirling the quill Malfoy had given me in my hand while the two planned out the next step in Operation MALFOY: Become MORE Than Mutual Friends.

            So far:

            Step One: Meet (complete)

            Step Two: Become Mutual Friends (complete-ish)

            Step Three: Become MORE Than Mutual Friends

            Step Four: Make Him Fall

            Step Five: Drop Him On His Ass

            “Why did you put ‘–ish’ after ‘complete’, Vi?” Ginny questioned, after she stopped jumping up and down.

            When I didn’t answer. Hermione supplied with, “She doesn’t think it’s actually completed yet.”

            I wasn’t listening anymore though. I was busy repeating the Library incident in my head. Rewind, Play, Pause, Repeat. There was something different, something off about what he had said. Giving the feather another twirl I wondered out loud, “Why did Malfoy call me Violet?”

            Hermione and Ginny didn’t seem to hear me; they were too concerned with some dress for some party that was coming up.

=======

Hope you liked it!

Comment, Vote, and Fa-Han?

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess