Chapter 44 (Year 5)

"What's going on? Phineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured —" Peter said as he helped Charlotte up.

"Ask Harry," Fred said, turning to Harry.

"Yeah, I want to hear this for myself," said George.

Everyone stared at Harry for answers. He took a deep breath and nodded, before explaining his nightmare again.

"Is Mum here?" Fred asked Peter.

"She probably doesn't even know what's happened yet. The important thing was to get you away before Umbridge could interfere. I expect Dumbledores letting Molly know now." Peter said, looking at the clock.

"We've got to go to St. Mungo's. Peter, can you lend us cloaks or anything?" Ginny asked, remembering everyone except Charlotte was in their pajamas.

"Hang on, you can't go tearing off to St. Mungo's!" Peter said.

"Course we can go to St. Mungo's if we want. He's our dad!" Fred yelled.

"And how are you going to explain how you knew Arthur was attacked before the hospital even let his wife know?" Peter asked.

"What does that matter?" George said, hotly.

"It matters because we don't want to draw attention to the fact that Harry is having visions of things that are happening hundreds of miles away! Have you any idea what the Ministry would make of that information?" Peter yelled. He was starting to lose his temper.

"Somebody else could have told us... we could have heard it somewhere other than Harry." Ginny said.

"Like who? Listen, your dad's been hurt while on duty for the Order and the circumstances are fishy enough without his children knowing about it seconds after it happened, you could seriously damage the Orders -"

"We don't care about the dumb Order!" Fred shouted.

"It's our dad dying we're talking about!" George yelled.

"Your father knew what he was getting into and he won't thank you for messing things up for the Order! This is how it is - This is why you're not in the Order - you don't understand - there are things worth dying for!"

"Easy for you to say, stuck here! I don't see you risking your neck!" Fred shouted. Peter's face reddened as he stared at his feet.

"That's not fair Fred, he isn't a free man like your father." Charlotte countered, and Fred said nothing.

"I know it's hard, but we've all got to act as though we don't know anything yet. We've got to stay put, at least until we hear from your mother, all right?" Peter said, quietly.

Fred and George kept standing while Ginny went over and sat down at the kitchen table.

"That's right! Come on, let's all... let's all have a drink while we're waiting. Accio Butterbeer!" Peter yelled. Several butterbeers flew onto the table as everyone else sat down.

---

Everyone had been quiet, drinking their butterbeers. Charlotte's guilt was eating her up. If she hadn't been so distracted in her own business with Draco, she would have known Mr. Weasley was going to be hurt that night. Now seeing the Weasley's worried faces, she felt even worse.

"Fawkes!" Peter yelled suddenly as a burst of fire illuminated the kitchen, and a scroll of parchment fell in the middle of the table. Peter picked it up, scanning it quickly.

"That's not Dumbledore's writing - it must be a message from your mother - here - "He shoved the parchment into George's hand.

"Dad is still alive. I am setting out for St. Mungo's now. Stay where you are. I will send news as soon as I can. Mum."

"Still alive... but that makes it sound- "George stopped talking. They were all thinking the same thing. It sounded like it was either life or death.

They all fell back into a worse daze than before. Charlotte couldn't help herself. She had to say something.

"He'll be okay. Your father is going to survive." Charlotte said,

"What?" Fred said, picking his head up. They all looked up at her. Even Ron, who had said nothing the whole time, looked up at her.

"He's going to be okay. He'll be in the hospital for a couple of days, but he'll be back at the end of the holidays. You guys are going to go see him tomorrow morning, and you can see he'll be okay." Charlotte said,

"Really?" Ginny asked hopefully. Charlotte nodded.

"Mr. Weasley will be fine. Your mum will come soon and tell you guys. Just wait. I promise." She said the Weasleys looked relieved, but Charlotte knew it will be better when their mother comes and tells them herself.

---

Later that morning, Mrs. Weasley arrived and told them that Mr. Weasley will be alright. Fred fell in his chair, and George and Ginny both hugged Mrs. Weasley, as Ron laughed and downed the rest of his butterbeer.

"Charlotte told us he would be okay! But it feels so much better when you tell us." Ginny said.

"Breakfast! Where's that accursed house-elf? Kreacher! KREACHER!" Peter shouted, but Kreacher did not answer.

"Oh, forget it, then! So, it's breakfast for -let's see - eight... bacon and eggs, I think, and some tea, and toast -" Peter said, as he walked off, after counting everyone in the room. Charlotte and Harry walked after Peter to help him with breakfast as the Weasley celebrated.