Cons | A EIGHT

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to Xiomara426252 and jacquelinestorm. Thank you for all the support and feedback you've given to ADLER!

•••

"Cass!"

She whipped her head to find a black luxury vehicle veering on the other side of the road from Cassandra’s bike lane. The passenger seat window was rolled down to reveal a cheery Andrea waving at her. Cassandra waved back, heart swelled in relief the brunette was in a better tune since the boat ride.

The car came to a halt, the driver Hugo giving an adieu to the "madam" as she stepped down from the vehicle and skipped to Cassandra. There were only a few metres away from the school entrance as Cassandra slowed down the pace of her peddling to fall in sync with Andrea's steps.

"Did you get the message?" Andrea asked.

"Yeah." nodded Cassandra.

That morning, Cassandra had awoken to a text alert. She didn't feel too down that it wasn't Mark.

It was from Coeus. It detailed the recruits were required to each write a cover letter as to why they wanted to enlist in the club and then proceed to submit it to the reception desk. From there it would be passed onto the captain and fellow members to evaluate.

"Not much of a trial." said Andrea.

"Isn't that a good thing?" retorted Cassandra.

Andrea shrugged. "I kinda felt maybe Powell wouldn't be able to persuade that psycho Adler much but I guess I underestimated her 'methods'."

"She's not sleeping with him "

"Mmm, a blowjob then." Andrea ducked when Cassandra attempted to swat her. "Just didn't expect it to suddenly be so easy. I've already done mine."

"You have?"

Andrea sent the girl a knowing look. "Well, yeah. Obviously I didn't put down I came to use them as a golden pass to get accepted to any university. I just wrote I view Coeus as a pinnacle of influence and the most efficient extra curriculum a club can achieve to be with bonding intellectual minds to converge and excel as a unit."

"Wow, was that English just now?"

Andrea cracked up in laughter. "That's a prime example. Say the club is great and what more explanation do you need?"

"Oh..."

"You haven't written yours yet?"

"No, I never really had a reason for joining." confessed Cassandra. "It was just..." She couldn't go on to say it was only in the spur of the moment, the fit biker boy and sweet talking that had her submitting. But what was the motivation in enduring these trials all this time?

"What is it?" pressed Andrea.

"Nevermind."

"Well you better write it up soon." advised Andrea. "They could call us in about it at any moment."

Cassandra nodded. "I'll get a thesaurus."

**
Cassandra wasn't one to be nosey. In her defense, it didn't start off as snooping.

She had her first spare in the new week, but normally that was only a luxury back home because Mark would always tag along with her even if he had class. Lydia wasn't as lax as him and Cassandra didn't want to risk jeopardising her budding friendship with Andrea. The girls had only just added each other on their social media platforms.