Chapter one

"Got the radio on, my old blue jeans and I'm wearing my heart on my sleeves."
I sat on a one person couch with my legs swung over the armchair in our library. Books were standing on wooden racks on two walls. The other two walls were racks with CDs and movies. I was listening to some music from 2006. Not that I'd picked it out at random, it was my mother's debut album, the one she'd wrote when she was at the age of sixteen. Well... And younger, but I cared mostly about the songs she wrote at the age of sixteen. Listening to A Place In This World, I understood perfectly why all those teenagers had loved my mom immediately. She understood what was going on and could put it into words. I was waiting for my nailpolish to dry but when I heard the song that came after A Place In This World I jumped up and grabbed the empty Coke bottle I had been drinking from while painting my toes.
"I was riding shotgun with my hair undone in the front seat of his car.", I sang in the bottle enthousiastically, how could you not love this song? "I said nothing I was just thinking how we don't have a song." I froze and had a naughty smile on my face: "And he said Our Song is the slamming of screen doors sneaking out late tapping on your window when we're on the phone and you talk real slow, cause it's late and your mama don't know.", I danced around the room with my voice singing the notes steadily. "And when I come home, before I say Amen asking God if he. Could play it again!" I twirled around the room and bumped into a person. "Aw!" I'd fallen on my ass, the bottle had fallen next to me but, thank God, hadn't broken. "Hey little girl, still pretending to be mama?" I rolled my eyes and pushed myself back up. "I was just having fun dad." He grinned: "Right, I'd forgotten you're the biggest swiftie." I brushed some dust of mine jeans and smiled: "Those other fans just don't know her like I do. They don't know the stories." My dad patted my back and led me through the door of the library: "But they want to."
"Yeah I know."
"But I got something for you, don't tell your mom okay!" I nodded in agreement. "Here's the new CD of Harry Styles, go put it on your Itunes library!" I hugged my father while accepting the gift. "Thank you daddy. You don't know how much this means to me." He shrugged: "Oh actually I do know, that's why I am ignoring your mom's rules of buying a CD that could brainwash you." We both laughed and I hurried upstairs. When I came into my room I slammed the door and locked it. Anxiously I let myself fall onto the ground next to my bed on my chest. Now I am laying on the cold hard ground. I cursed for being so distracted, but I couldn't help it honestly, my head was just one big lyrics library. I shifted my left arm underneath the bed and my fingers fumbled the ground until they hit a cold surface. I grabbed it and pulled it from underneath my bed. I pushed myself up and sat on my bed with the box. It was a metal box with a little simple lock. I had a silk loop sued in my bra where I could capture the key on. The key was small, it was smaller than my little toe. But I knew that when my mom would ever find it she'd think it's just a toy. A put the little key into the little lock and opened the box.
CDs and movies were looking back at me. I sighed and took one out of it. With my thumb I rubbed the CD case. I turned it around and searched for a song.
They don't know about us.
Take me home was the most beautiful album of One Direction, the band where my father used to be in. I opened up my golden Macbook and slid the new CD into it. While waiting until the songs were downloaded onto my Itunes I read the back of the CD case. It was called "Golden Nights." And had thirteen songs on it. A few years after the band had split up my father had started a solo carreer. He was still very loved by teenage girls. The album had songs on it like "Diamond Ring." "Pink Peonees" "White Dresses" it didn't surprise me at all, Harry married a woman called Leila last year, she probably inspired him for writing. Another song caught my attention. "Secrets." I frowned. Harry's life had been very public. He didn't mind sharing thoughts and opninions. What could be his secret? Whatever I layed the CD in my secret box and connected my phone with my Itunes Library. I locked the box again and slid the box back underneath my bed. Just in time. "Alexia? Lex, open the door please, I hate it when you lock it!" I saw the doorknob wiggling and hurried to my door. "Hey mam!", I said cheerily. "Hey sweetie, dinner is ready, you're coming?" I nodded and went back to my bed and grabbed my phone. I while turning around I saw my guitar collection. My whole wall was "decorated" with guitars: acoustic, semi acoustic, electric, twelve strong or six string. I smiled naughtyly and grabbed my electric guitar.
"Alexia, love, you know dinner is a family moment please come sit with us! Calvin can you get..."
"YOU ARE THE BEST THING THAT's EVER BEEN MINE!" I appeared in the doorway and was playing the guitar while singing my mom's song. My dad was laughing with me pretending to be on stage but my mom could just only stare. I acted very serious and pretended like I was Taylor Swift, which was odd since she was sitting in front of me. "I can see it now." My dad applauded. "I love those spontaneous concert of yours sweetie haha!" My mom just looked at me: "Joe? Did you hear that sound?"
"You mean the one of the future pop star?" My mom shook slowly her head: "No, the sound of her voice. It's different... A bit... British." Her eyes went wide: "Alexia have you been looking up videos of Styles again?"
I looked at her dumbfounded: "Uh... Yeah..." It was better than saying I'd listenend to his music. "Lex... He isn't coming in your life, he doesn't even know you exist. He's not your daddy, Joe is and he really is not as charming as he looks like and..." My mom went on and on with breaking my father down and even though I heard the speech a thousand times it still hurt me. But one part was new: "And I am never gonna let you meet him. He has a bad influence!" That was a slap in my face, I'd always planned on finding my father one day. "Than why you slept with him mom?", I answered, my voice flat and icy. My dad clearly saw there was a bitch fight coming or something cause he walked towards me, pushed me upstairs and went to my mom who started screaming: "She is totally insane these days!" I heard him replying it was just a phase.
But I had enough of it.
I knew my mom loved me, I knew Joe loved me. I loved them too but I was sick of it.
I threw my guitar on the bed and walked up to the attic.
"Okay mom, you wanna see me insane? You really think I'm insane?" Well... Let's be insane.", I whispered to myself.