Chapter 7

"Taylor Swift writes song about Katy Perry."
"Katy Perry reacts to insultation"
"Swift's shake it off line about Katy Perry?"
Colette and I were surfing on the internet. We sat crossed legged on our queen sized beds, our Macbooks were layig on our knees and we couldn't bring out a word when we saw the headlines from 14 years ago. Colette said softly: "It looks like they hate eachoter since then."
I nodded.
"And... Well... To be honest, I don't think the dancers were the problem."
I shot her a confused look: "What do you mean?"
She looked fatigue: "You don't get mad for something that little, and look." She turned her laptop screen towards me and pressed play.
"I know this, why are you showing it to me?"
"Just watch."
It was a movie about Kanye West grabbing away my mother's mic when she was nineteen. When Kanye was gone Beyoncé showed up. "This is later on the evening.", Colette explained. I saw Beyoncé handing the mic to my mom and than suddenly we saw a black haired woman in the audience screaming and clapping her hands. "Katy Perry.", I said. My friend nodded. Then a screenshot of a Katy Perry tweet showed up.
Fuck you Kanye. It's like you stepped on a Kitty!
"Friends don't fight for that. This is a misunderstanding. It can be solved. There must be another reason." I rubbed my head. A mean headache was coming up and I couldn't focus anymore. "You're right, I guess. You think your mom would want to talk about it?" Colette was thinking and biting her lip. "I don't know. She's pretty unpredictable."
We decided to go to sleep ald after allthe lights were turned off I whispered softly, but loud enough for Colette to hear: "Does this change anything about us?" Silence. Pitchblack silence. It dragged me down. I had the feeling my chest couldn't rise to breathe anymore. "No.", Colette whispered. It was barely a breath and it was a miracle that I coud hear it while my heart was beating so loud, but she said it, and I could drift of to sleep easily.

"Why not stay in Nashville?", Colette asked.
"Cause all my stuff are still in LA."
"So what? We'll transport it. How much money have you left?"
I looked away shyly: "Enough."
It'd probably be kinda funny to watch us walking. A curly blonde and a black girl, with straight hair. Her is skin was tanned, while mine was pale, though my mom always says it's magical I'd rather have it tanned sometimes. We were totally opposites, my green eyes gave me a pretty normal combination while Colette's blue eyes gave her a rare but beautiful combination.
Some guys whistled as we passed, but the both of us ignored them. One guy had come up to me and asked me on a date! When I had said no he'd grabbed my ass. Colette had pushed him and we both had ran away, me with my eyes on the road, Colette with one finger in the air.
"You sure you wanna do this?"
"Yeah, Nashville is a cool place, and I really wanna get discovered."
Colette mumbled something.
"Play this time not only Taylor Swift okay? Play something... I don't know maybe something you wrote yourself?"
I nodded and started tickling the guitar. Colette was busy on her phone.
I was singing but the first person was showig up during the chorus.
"I'm gonna make it someday and I'll be famous believe me. And everyone who says I can't do this, who are they to judge over my life?"
After a while there was a bunch of people watchin my street bench concert and when I finished gonna make it they screamed for more. I brushed a curl out of my face and tucked it behind my ear. I started playing Could It Be. By the chorus everyone was clapping along with me. "Could it be that you never ever loved me could it be that you never eber wanted we could it be that I was a lovesick girl and you were just a beautiful pearl or at least at the outside. Cause all you wanted was to concour my inside, only so you could destroy it and I let you do it I have to admit."
I had so much fun playing but I noticed I missed something. Or rather someone. Someone with blonde hair and blue eyes.
I missed my mother.

"She should've been there."
"Who?", Colette didn't look up from her phone, she'd been on it all day long.
"My mother.", I explained while playing with the straw of my Coke Zero. The little café we went to was cosy, it had couches and coffee tables. Colette and I enjoyed a drink and I was looking on the menu to find a pancake or something.
"Why just don't go back if you miss her that much?"
My head shot up.
"I thought you understand?"
Colette still didn't look up, her black hair was falling forward, covering her face like a curtain. But I could see those icy blue eyes shooting left to right. She was reading something.
"Understand what?"
I stopped playing with my straw.
"Understand that I need to do this. I want a carreer."
She chuckled: "You already did eberything you could. Believe me at the end of the day everybody will know you were singing there."
I gave her a sceptic look and started playing with my straw again. I wantzd to go home and Colette was right, though this was the first thing in a while that felt really good, it wasn't overthought so I'd better go home. "Getting a record deal isn't that hard.", Colette continued, "if you wanna go home, go home."

-

"Thank you.", I was done checking out and searched dor Colette, I found her a few feet further, calling. I rolled my eyes, se and her fun had been unseparable since that morning and to be honest it was making me nervous. I walked towards her with my luggage and guitar case.
"Come on.", I mimed. She nodded and followed me outside, to the taxi.
I told the driver to go to the airport and he arched an eyebrow. "Are you that girl who ran away?" I didn't answer but the guilty look in my eyes probably said everything. He started the engine: "Thought your hair was straight and that you wore braces."
"Oh, I ehm, lost them a few days ago. My theeth are perfect now."
Joke attempt failed.
After a long drive, long airplane travel ald another long drive we were standing in front of my house.
"Damned.", I said.
"Oh no!", Colette whined, "My phone's dead." We agreed she'd stay the night with me.
"Oh poor litle thing.", I said sarcastically. "We got a real problem. Those people that are camping in my front yard."
Paparazzi everywhere.
Everywhere and anywhere.
"Okay I got a plan."
"I'm listening.", I whispered.
"I go in there. Make a scene. You rush towards the door and keep it open for me."
I grinned: "That rhymes."
"Let's write a song about it.", Colette said rolling her eyes. She ran onto the frontyard and started singing a song called Last Friday Night, I guess. The paprazzi reckonigzed her as Katy's daughter and filmed her. I ran towards my door, a few noticed me vut weren't able to get a picture. Colette ran after me and we slammed the door. Out of relief we fell onto the ground.
"Let's go sleep, I don't wanna wake my parents.", I whispered.
"Okay.", she whispered back.

Hey guys!!! What do you think of this one? What do you think will happen?
Maybe you wanna go read Get Up. It's a fanfic written by my friend and it's awesome.
Tell me you thoughts :)
Xoxo
Vote?
Comment?
Love y'all