Chapter thirty

Math eventually stopped and as I climbed off the motorcycle I admired the pretty colours of the place. A large grass field, stretched as far as the eye could reach. "I never thought this'd be possible in California!", I yelled. "It's beautiful." Math took my hand, looked at me and said: "It is." I blushed and asked what we were going to do. He took a blanket out of his cycle and some bottles. We spread the blanket out a little bit further and he showed me the bottles. "It's just cider, princess. You'll love it." I grinned: "Math, I'm not allowed to drink yet." He rolled his eyes: "Like any teenager in world's history ever cared about legal drinking." I laughed out loud and took the bottle. "Apple Cider.", I said. "It's sweet.", Math replied. We were drinking and talking and after a while we stood up and went walking. We were near one of those small towns and decided to wander around a bit. "Lemme buy you ice cream." How could I refuse that? Everything was perfect, I'd never done anything like this before. When the sun was falling we went to a little cosy place and drank some more cider (they didn't care about the law neither). "It's a perfect day, thank you I really needed this.", I whispered. "I'd do anything to see that smile on your face Alexia, and I hope you know that." Math was looking down the street but I could see how serious he was. I almost said it. That moment there I almost said I loved him. But he didn't want this, so I wouldn't do it. We got up again and walked back towards the grass fields and the motorcycle. The stars were climbing the sky and the little summer breeze made me a bit chilly. I shivered and as soon as Math noticed he put his jacket over my shoulders.
The ride home was quiet and peaceful. I was a bit scared that Math wasn't able to drive but he assured me that the alcohol didn't have any effect on him. We walked towards my front porch and I took my keys to open it but Math took my hand. "What's wrong?", I asked, "Aren't you coming inside with me?" He smiled: "Nah, I'm spending the night at Harry's I guess. He's a good guy and I should give him a shot." I smiled: "He really is. I think he's a great father I...", I frowned as all the worries fell back on me. For a few hours I was able to forget. But reality hit me like a punch in the face. Math put a hand on my cheek: "Hey, princess, don't do that. Why are you thinking about that now?" I looked at him, one hand on my cheek, one hand holding mine. "I almost forgot Math, thank you for that. It was an amazing day. I loved it. But I just can't seem to let it all go.", I looked down. Devastated. Defeated. When I looked up again I saw Math looking at me like no guy ever looked at me before. "Smile, princess.", he whispered. "Why?", I whispered back. "Because I love the stars in your eyes.", he paused, I caught my breath, "Because I love you Alexia." Then he leaned in and kissed me. A front porch kiss, a goodbye kiss, a late night kiss, call it whatver you want it. I knew that Math loved me and it was the best feeling in the world.

-
MATH'S POV

I entered Harry's hotelroom and saw the back of his head. He was sitting on a couch, sipping whiskey. I walked towards the couch and dropped next to him. "Didn't expect you here.", Harry mumbled. "Can I stay over?", I asked. He looked at me and smirked: "Of course." I sighed and poured myself a glass of whiskey: "You know you were right, about the fact that Alexia needs someone who shows her what normal is." He smiled now: "Really? Well, I'm not that surprised, I'm her father after all." I smiled as well: "Yeah, you are. And she needs you, don't forget that.", I said. "It sounds like she mostly needs you now. Tell me, did you and my little girl behave?" I shot my whiskey: "That sounds so weird. Like please don't point out that she's kind of my sister. It's gross.", I made a face and Harry laughed, "But yeah we behaved. I brought her home, kissed her on her front porch and told her I loved her. She kept my leather jacket though, I'll have to ask it back." Harry looked at me: "It's not just another leather jacket to her." I furrowed my eyebrows: "It isn't?" Harry shot his whiskey: "It's the jacket you gave her and don't forget you told her you loved her while she wore it. It's probably locked away somewhere safe next to a picture of you." I smiled: "That's crazy kinda cute." Harry looked at me: "You just described the Swift women in one sentence."
I got up and took my bag while walking to the extra bedroom I said: "Anyway, thanks dad, you really helped me. She loves you, you know. You should fight for her. Goodnight dad." I didn't hear anything clearly but I'm pretty sure he mumbled: "No thank you, my boy."

I JUST WANTED TO UPDATE FAST SO A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I PROMISE THERE WILL HAPPEN SOMETHING I JUST NEED TO BUILD IT UP PLEASE DONT HATE ME