Chapter TWENTY-TWO

I closed the zipper of my suitcase and turned around, shot everything in my room one last look. This past week had been a complete disaster. Colette hadn't come after all cause her mother had found out that her nemesis was staying here. Math had been groaning and being all moody for the whole week and at school... Well the big popular boys were still laughing with me and Célestine was litteraly the only one who acted like I was normal. The whole school had always known who I was but somehow these past few weeks they started really caring about it.
I heard my bedroom door opening and turned around, I caught myself on hoping to see a familiar pair of green eyes and a cheeky smile. I saw those things, but they were not the ones I wanted. "Hey sweetheart." I smiled slightly. "Hey Harry." My father sighed. "I am your father Alexia, please stop calling me by my first name."
"I am sorry, but I already have a dad. I do need you though, don't forget that. But I need you as someone who supports me and believes in me. Who is there for me when I got the feeling that my parents don't get me."
He smiled slightly: "Are you saying you don't have someone like that?"
I shrugged: "I dunno."
"I guess you do sweetheart.", with that said he took my suitcase and brought it donwstairs. My phone buzzed in my hand. Daddy
"Hey dad!", I picked up.
"Hey darling, how ya doin'."
"Perfect! Our producer really loved the song."
"How's it called again?"
"If you only went where your heart you leads."
"Love that."
We catched up for a while and I really noticed the difference between Joe and Harry. My dad knew what to say and what to do, while my birth father only cared about me. Of course that could be enough. But it was slightly different.

I saw Math had taken a seat next to me in the car.
"I am making you sure you arrive safely."
"Oh, we're talking again?", I said pretending like it was a BIG DEAL!
"Princess, don't be like that."
"Like what? I had a shitty week, my birth father has been complaining and cursing my mother. Vowing he wouldn't rest until he had a custody deal! The whole school cafetaria only looks at me and someone who I saw for a friend just turned his fucking back on me cause I gotta leave!", I yelled.
"Listen Alexia, I had a shitty week too you know. So calm down."
"Oh yeah?", I scoffed, "What problem could you probably have."
"The girl that gets me, the girl that loves me though she doesn't know that, the girl that I'd die for. Just turned me down, like I am nothing importnant.", I saw fear and pain in Math's eyes.
"I don't get it...", I whisper. That was the truth, I didn't get it. I didn't get how a guy could annoy me so hard and then make me feel so special. I didn't understand how I couldn't stay mad at him. How I could forgive him that one time he was so drunk and I stayed with him rubbing his back while he had to vomit, even though I had to quit a date with Stephen for that. I didn't get why my heart beated so fast when he crawled into my bed, watching over me, still at the same time my body and mine were completely at ease. Like it was the most normal thing to do. I didn't get why the sound of his voice lingered in my mind. Math looked at me like he was going to pull his hair out. "You don't get it?", he shook his head and stopped talking for the rest of the drive. It was late, the sky turned dark and because neither one of us turned on a light it was as good as pitch black. The silence whas wrapping himself around me, like it tried to say something. The darkness, the silence on my ride home... It reminded me of something.

Mathias POV ❤️☺️

"I don't get it.", she whispered. No way. She did not just say that. How could she not get what was going on? How could she not feel the tension and chemistry between us. I reached for her hand but stopped as I met her eyes. They were staring at me, through me. Her mind was wandering off. Probably to a place better than this one. As she blinked and looked like she was back in te present I went with my hand thriugh my hair, I was so annoyed but still I couldn't be mad or yell at her. "You don't get it?", I say. Then turned to my window and looked outside. The clouds sticked togheter and made it impossible for the moonlight to shine through. I realised I'd listen to much to those CD's as my mind started singing You Are In Love. Like I didn't know already. But maybe she didn't...

Alexia POV
Math walked in front of me with my suitcase, I followed with my guitar, he had told me I could use Harry's private jet. That was sweet since I'd always traveled privately with my parents. Walking through the airport a feeling started nagging at me, like I had to do something before I left. "So what about the custody thing?", Math asked. "I honestly think that everyone will find out.", I sighed.
"What about you recording your album, will it come out soon?"
Math shrugged: "Ah, I don't know yet. I want a duet on it."
"Why?", I asked curiously.
"Cause people love to hear both sides of the story." It was fun, just us and we forgot about our problems. Talking the time away. I noticed I tried to have those stolen touches, like touching his arm while reaching for the Coke bottle. I didn't know why but the urge to touch him and look at him, to be near him was overwhelming. He walked me over the grey ground to the airplane's staircase. The sound of the wind and the airplanes made us yell at each other while saying goodbye.
"I hope you get home safe!"
"Yeah, me too. But you should better go inside it's going to rain."
"I am not leaving till you're in the air princess."
We stared at each other for several seconds. "When will I see you again?", I yelled.
"I don't know Alexia, but I hope soon. Maybe you'll be a huge star when I see you." I smiled slightly, I actually felt very sad. "Thank you.", I said but I think he hadn't heard it through all the noises. He looked at me and yelled: "Just remember, you'll always be my star." Something changed inside of me, like there popped something inside of my belly. Suddenly it was filled with butterflies. I hugged Math. Wrapped my arms 'round his neck, he wrapped his around my waist. We held tight to one another for a little time. When we let go, it felt like I broke down in a million pieces. I walked to the airplane and took a seat next to a little window. Looking outside I could see Math. I lay my hand on the window, felt a tear drip down my cheek and suddenly everything became clear.
You mean you got not one reason to stay? Fuck you Alexia.
Are you saying you don't have this kind of person already.
Math cared about me, I cared about Math.
Looking at him I saw him yelling something, the airplane was driving away to the road where it could take off. I saw Math's lips and mouth form three words over and over again. "STOP THE PLANE!", I yelled and ran out of my seat. The crew was shocked but the plane stopped and a stewardess opened up the door for me. The plane wasn't high, I didn't get why we needed a stairs so I just jumped out of it. The sky broke and it started pouring rain. I ran towards Math. He cupped my face and screamed desperately: "Alexia I love you." I cried replying: "Mathias I love you too." I grabbed his neck and pulled him closer. I kissed him, he kissed me back. I didn't stop as he deepened our kiss. After a time we broke the kiss, I was still crying and he just rubbed my cheek with his thumb. Resting his forehead against mine. "You need to go." I cried as I took a step back. I climbed back into the plane, two people pulled me into it. I sat on the same spot as a few minutes ago. Looking at Math, the boy I loved I realised now, he stood there in the pouring rain, soaking wet but with his cheeky smile on his face and his hands in his pants. My heart ached and I wondered how I was going to survive.

Hey guys!!!!
Extra long chapter because of swiftie number!
What tou think about it? The whole dramatic love story is on hold now we're gonna focus on te custody fight and Colette her secret. Please comment your thoughts, and ideas. And if you got any time, just press on that cute little vote button.
Love y'all
Lou