Chapter 5

(Hey lovelies! Hope your having a good day! Up above is Sam Way as Tyler, who will be introduced shortly. I hope you're enjoying the book and stick along for the ride. Things will get crazy! Anyways vote and comment. Love you!❤😘)

The ride to Jake's house was awkward. I sat in the passenger seat watching street lights go by, "You fight good by the way." Jake was the first one to break the unbearable silence.

"Thanks." I continued to look out the window messing with the sleeves of my jacket.

He turned on the radio and 'Broken' by Seether featuring Amy Lee came on.

I smiled and started to sing along, "Because I'm broken when I'm open, and I don't feel like I'm strong enough," I looked over at Jake and his lip was tilted up in the corners and he joined me in singing.

"Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome, and I don't feel right when you're gone away."
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We continued to sing all the way home when Jake turned down the radio, "Well here we are." He pulled up into the driveway of this gorgeous house. 

It was two stories and made with really nice brick. The front yard was huge and he had a wrought iron fence around his property.

    I stepped out of the car in awe at the house before me, "You're house is gorgeous Jake

I stepped out of the car in awe at the house before me, "You're house is gorgeous Jake."

He smiled softly, "Thanks. I share it with my brother, Tyler." I shut the car door and walked to the house with Jake by my side.

"What about your parents?" Jake pulled out his keys and unlocked the door.

"They move around a lot so they bought us this house so we can stay here." The inside of the house was even prettier than the outside. Tile covered the floor and there was a several black leather couches in the living room in front of the flat screen TV.

"Welcome to my house. I'll give you a tour, but first let's get you acquainted with Tyler. Tyler get your ass down here!" Jake stood on the bottom of the stairs well to our right. I slowly walked around the living room and took everything in.

"Who the hell is this Jake?" A voice similar to Jake's, but rougher, spoke and I turned around to face them.

Next to Jake stood Tyler. He had messy brown hair and dark green, almost brown eyes. He was a few inches taller than Jake putting him around 6'5.

"Uh, I'm Daytona." Tyler sized me up and down and I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Demon Queen." My eyes rose and met his. He didn't break eye contact, but instead he almost was studying me.

Jake looked between us, "Who the hell is Demon Queen." I rolled my eyes. He just watched me beat down a guy a foot taller then me and still can't put the pieces together.

"Me doofus. I got the name two years ago because–"

"Because of how fast she was able to win and knock out her opponents." He finally tore his gaze away from me, "I'm heading out. Later Jake."