Chapter 31

"Water is not wet!" I argued over to the other end of the table.

Once again, we were a group divided. Jake, Mason, Tanner and Jordan all believed that water is wet while Logan, Marissa, Tyler and I did not.

"Water is literally wet. Do you get wet when you come out of the water?" Mason tried to argue back with me, but I had a valid point to prove.

"Yes you get wet when you come out of the water, but only because being wet is a sensation. Are you wet underwater?" Beside me Tyler was covering his laugh with a cough. I gave him a side glance that read, Way to be mature.

Logan placed a hand on my leg and leaned in to my ear, "If you want to get wet underwater, you could've just asked me and I would take you to the pool."

My face turned bright red and I choked on my food. "Logan!" I whisper shouted, "You can't say stuff like that in public!"

"Oh right sorry. But saying it in private is okay right? Because I would be saying a lot more than just that." He had a cheesy grin on his face the whole time and shot me a wink. I rolled my eyes and smacked his leg.

"Would you two stop flirting, we are trying to have a very logical argument here." Tanner yelled at his brother from across our table.

"All I'm saying is water isn't wet. Water can make you wet, but it itself isn't wet." I scooped up some of my fried rice with my chopsticks and shoveled it into my mouth.

"Water isn't the only thing that can make you wet." Logan said next to me, loud enough for everyone at our table to hear.

"Logan Adam Wylde!" I scolded whole everyone else laughed at my tomato of a face. I was so embarrassed that my palms started to sweat.

"You know I'm just joking around with you Day." I shot Logan a glare and he just laughed me off, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "It's good to have you back Day."

I leaned my head onto his shoulder and replayed what he had said earlier,

I love you.

I had been thinking about those three simple words the entire time we were eating.

Did he mean as a best friend loves a best friend? I mean we didn't act like just friends, but we weren't exactly dating either.

What happened with him two weeks ago still had me confused too. What did Logan mean when he said I couldn't loose you too? Who had he lost before? And why didn't he seem shocked to see Cooper alive? It was almost like he already knew Cooper was alive. But if he did, he wouldn't keep that a secret from me right?

I sighed and noticed everyone was already standing up and getting ready to leave. "Hey you okay?" Logan's arm was still wrapped tightly around me as if he loosened his hold, he would loose me forever. "You were staring off into space for a minute."

"Oh. Yeah. I was just thinking about something. Can we go to your house? I have some questions I need to ask you." We headed out into the chilly air and the wind crept under my shirt, coldly sliding across my skin like an ice cube.

"Are you cold?" He asked. "Here have this." He took off his leather jacket and draped it across my shoulders.

"Thanks." I smiled up at him and climbed into his car. I plugged my phone into the aux cord and hit shuffle on one of my Spotify playlists. 'Losin' Control' by Russ came on and I started to sing along.

"She's falling in love now, losing control now,
Fighting the truth, trying to hide
But I think it's alright, girl
Yeah, I think it's alright, girl, ooh
She's falling in love now, losing control now,
Fighting the truth, trying to hide
But I think it's alright, girl
Yeah, I think it's alright, girl, ooh.