Chapter 20

It had been five days since I had kicked Logan out of my room and I hadn't heard from him since.

Though it's not entirely his fault, I personally haven't made a move to text or call him.

"Mason!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Seconds later he came rushing into my room.

"What is it? Are you okay?" He was panting trying to catch his breath and I nodded.

I turned back to my closet and let out a huff, "I don't know what to wear. Something cute? Or something sexy?"

Rolling his eyes he walked over to my side and starred into my closet, "Well nothing sexy, that's for sure. How about this? It's cute."

He pulled out a cream colored knit sweater, and a black skirt. I took it from his hands and threw it on my bed, "Okay. Thank you. That's all, you can leave now."

I checked my clock real quick to see how much time I had left until people started arriving for Thanksgiving dinner. My mom had invited a few of her co-workers over to celebrate with us. She had also invited Logan, but I wasn't sure if he would come or not. I had an hour and a half left. That was plenty of time to get ready.

I threw the outfit on and rummaged in my closet for a cute pair of shoes to go with it. Deciding my black over-the-knee black boots were good, I made my way to the bathroom to start doing my hair and makeup.

When my curling iron was plugged in all the way I grabbed my makeup bag from under the counter. "Foundation, foundation, foundation." I muttered to myself searching for my foundation. When I found it, I applied just enough to smooth out my skin, but not enough to look like I was a walking cake.

My curling iron let out a little beep-beep-beep to let me know that it was fully warmed up. So I started to curl my hair into loose waves.

Forty five minutes later I was done.

Double checking myself in the mirror I headed downstairs to see if my mom needed any help. "Need any help mom?"

"Yeah actually. Do you mind taking over? I still have to get ready and all." As if to make her point she wiped sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand.

Without even saying anything I took the wooden spoon out of her hand. "Now go get ready. I've got everything in control down here."

She kissed my forehead and gave me a relieved smile, "Thank you so much Daytona. What would I ever do with out you?"

"Not be able to get ready. Now go before your guests arrive." With one last kiss to my forehead she walked upstairs.

I located the cook book to see what else I needed to do for this pie.

It looked as if my mom had already got started on making the crust. She had already started to layer it on the pan.

I grabbed a big pot and found the canned cherries in the pantry. Adding the rest of the ingredients I let it simmer on medium heat for ten minutes and then set it aside to cool for two.

When it was cool enough I poured the filling into the crust in the pan. With the left over dough for the crust, I cut out little petal shapes and layered it to make it look like a flower. Then I threw it into the oven to cook.

By that time my mom had came downstairs. Her hair was straight and she was wearing a nice, navy blue, backless dress. "Dang Mom. Look at you."

She gave me a confident smile and spun in a circle, "Do you think the guests will like it?"

"Well if they don't, then they can leave. Without any pie."

Laughing she asked, "Have you set the table?"