Chapter 26

The party ran early into the morning even though everyone had school the next day.

I called it quits around  2 and let Jordan take over, retreating to my room. So now, I lay in my bed, listening to my alarm buzz on my nightstand.

I reached over and smacked it off with a groan and got up to put together an outfit. The weather was getting colder so I settled on a white long sleeve lace crop top, my black jeans, white vans, and my leather jacket.

Once I changed, I walked into my bathroom and brushed my teeth. I let my hair flow down my back in natural waves. Opening my drawer I grabbed my foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. It was going to be a rough day at school having to see Logan and Makayla, so I decided to look somewhat badass.

After all, Logan is the one who insisted that I revealed the true me.

"Hey Mason are you almost ready?" I yelled from my spot downstairs in the kitchen.

"Yeah almost. I'm just slipping on my shoes." I heard the door slam and his heavy footsteps run down the stairs.

When he got to the base I tossed him an apple, "Let's go." I swiped my keys off the hook and unlocked my car. Usually on my way to school, I would've played Paramore or something of that kind, but today I put the album Reputation on shuffle.

Mason gave me a confused look while he took a bite of the apple, "This is new. What gives?" He asked while chewing.

I shrugged my shoulders and flipped down the visor to check my makeup real quick, "Just in a Taylor Swift mood I guess."

I peeled out of the driveway and made the long, annoying, drive to school.

When we pulled up to the school, I snagged the first parking spot and turned up '...Ready For It?' to pump myself up.

"You good Daytona?" Mason leaned over and patted my shoulder, "I'm here for you if you need."

I rolled my eyes and applied a little bit of lip gloss, "I'm fine. Just, leave me to me today okay?"

I flung open the car door and walked out leaving Mason behind.

Currently, my first priority was to find Jaxon. I didn't know what I was going to do when I got there, but I would think of something. So I walked around the halls before I found him and his buddies huddled near the cafeteria.

When I was still several feet away, Jaxon looked up and made eye contact with me. Smiling, he waved me over to his group.

"Hey what's up." I said a little more cheery then I intended it it be.

"Nothing much. Hey guys this is Daytona." I waved my hand at the group around me. I recognized about four of the five people that I stood amongst.

One of them was Brody Davison. 5'8, point guard for our varsity basketball team, and one of the worst personalities I've ever met. To say he was a pig, was putting it nicely. Last year, he filmed a video of one of the cheerleaders changing. Of course he sent it to his buddies and somehow it got leaked, but no one would say who it was from so the only one who walked away from that situation wounded, was the girl.

Then there was Ben Smith. I wasn't quite sure what sport he played, but I knew he was athletic. Hell, even a blind person could tell that Ben worked out for a couple of hours each day.

Drew Chance, was probably my favorite out of this group aside from Jaxon. He was polite and respectful to girls and authority. Generally he was pretty quiet unless he was with the swim team. Man that dude loved to swim more then anything, and it showed. He was first in the state for men's 200 freestyle.