With All kindness...Youre an Ignorant Bastard

~Eliza~

I quickly rush through the room and cover all the windows. As i run back to Alexander, i notice something...off.

Alexander didn't wake up from the storm. In fact, he wasnt waking up at all.

I was slightly worried until he started fidgeting in his sleep. Maybe this is good? Maybe the squip is doing something because alex would normally be having a panic attack.

He's not awake but he's still moving around slightly, almost peaceful. I sit next to him and rub circles on his back to help calm him.

~Alex~

Thats weird...everything's different...

I dont remember falling asleep. Thats also weird.

Suddenly everything around me changes. It looks so familiar. Wait, I recognize this place. Its my old home back in the Caribbean. Man its been so long since I've seen this place.

I never thought id be here again. I dont want to be here again. Too many memories, not enough good ones.

I leave my childhood home and walk around town. It's weird, it looks just as it did before the hurricane.

"Hello there Hamilton"

"What? Who's there? Who are you?!" I yell.

Suddenly a guy appears in front of me. I dont realize it at first, but they look a bit like someone ive seen on tv... Keanu Reeves thats who!

"You know, this is just my default setting"

"Default setting? What are you, a computer? And howd you know what I was thinking?!"

"Hmhm, I would think someone like you wouldnt need me. But then I looked at your memories and geez! Why wasnt I here before?"

I'm hardly paying attention to what he's saying. Something about a squip. For all i know, he could just be a voice in my head.

Thats not why im distracted though.

I glance past him towards the sky and see the clouds starting to darken. I leave my childhood home and walk around town. It's weird, it looks just as it did before the hurricane.

The hurricane

Damn it! I knew something was off!

Theres a storm. I can feel it.

"Hey Hamlet, arent you listening?"

He looked towards the ocean and realized what was going on.

"Hey hey hey! Dont have a panic attack in your own dream! Hamilton!"

Too late

I heard thunder. I look around. I'm hit with a brick of memories from the hurricane.

Then im hit by an actual brick

Before I have time to react, the panic sets in. I'm basically relieving the painful memory.

"Hamilton, calm down!"

But...

I hear a voice

"Its ok Alexander. The storm is over"

Eliza...

Oh man is it good to hear her voice. I just need to wake up.

Come on Alex wake up!

A wave of water hits me just as I wake up gasping for air. I'm blinded by the light in the dorm and instantly want to burrow back in my blanket.

"Hmhm well someone isn't a morning person" someone says.

I look over to see its Eliza. "Very funny. Sleep is for the weak and lights are its most effective weapon" I scoff.

"Whats that supposed to mean"

"Sleep is evil. And are too when you wake up"

"Wow, you'll get used too it if learn to actually sleep"

"Never!" I yell as i fall back on the couch and stretch. "Holy crap, what time is it" I yawn.

"Around 8:30 i believe" she says.

I fall off the couch and nearly bang my knee on the table. "8:30?! My class starts in 30 minutes!"

"Relax Alex, it's Saturday"

I sigh in relief. "Give me a warning next time before you give me a heart attack"

"Hey alex!" Someone else says.

Its Peggy walking in from her room I assume. Geez I must've been out cold to not hear her and angelica come back.

"Hey pegs, whats up?" I say.

"The sky. Anyways, there's a party being thrown tonight. Wanna come?"

"Ew, social interaction. I'll pass" I semi-joke.

"Come on lex, you can't you cant stay in the dorm forever" she says.

"Watch me. All i need is coffee, a pencil and my journal"

"Just come to the party, you might find someone you like~"

"PEGGY!" I feel my cheeks starting to burn. "Whos throwing the party?"

"Someone" she states.

"If that isnt the vaguest answer... I swear if this is an attempt to get me to be friends with someone I hate, I will disown you" I deadpan.

"It's not! Lighten up, it's just a party. You know, get drunk, talk to people, do dumb stuff"

"I guess I'll come. It'll be my first party"

~Hhhh, show me how to say no to this...~