The Fire

A Few Weeks Later

~Alex~

"Give me my laptop back you asshole!" I yell.

"Sorry Alex but you knew this was coming" Thomas sighs.

"For the last time, im not overworking my self!"

"Seriously? I watched you type 5 pages for a paragraph summary"

"So? Now give it back!"

I watch as he puts my laptop on a shelf that's just barely out of my reach.

"Jerk..."

"Shortass" he mutters.

"Yeah, I'll kick yours when i get my laptop back!" I shout as he walks away.

I hadn't noticed James was behind me until i turned around.

"Hey, you finally cursed in front of me" he says.

"Yeah, and i regret doing so"

"Geez Alex, youre older than me by a year and you treat me like im 9"

"Im your older brother. Its my job to be overly protective."

"No, thats a mom's-..."

"Yeah we dont speak of them... Anyways, can you help me out?" I ask.

"Nope"

"Ugh... Can you at least get me a chair?"

James left and came back a few moments later with a swivel chair.

"You would give me the least safe chair possible... If i die i blame you!" I say as he leaves.

I climb the chair and eventually grab my laptop. I also found a few of my notebooks that we're put in the shelf as well.

"Hey Alex-" John walked in and scared the crap out of me.

I lost balance and fell off the chair, landing on my arm.

"Ow! Son of a- theres no curse word to express how much pain I'm in right now!"

John helps me to my feet

"I think i broke my arm again..." I sigh.

"Do you want a ride to the hospital?" He asks.

"No... Im just gonna go to the college nurse and hope that its not broken"

"Are you sure? I could easily-"

"Im fine John. Honest" i walk out the dorm before he can say anything else.

Of course i didnt go to the nurse. I just went to a nearby coffee shop because in my experience, coffee is the best medicine.

I ordered some coffee and sit down in the bavk so no one would acknowledge my existence.

Then the worst freaking huma- no demon in the world walked in and sat across from me.

"Maria... You have 10 seconds to leave before i physically throw you out" i growl.

"Relax, I'm not here to try anything" she says.

"Is everything you say is lie? Seriously, have you ever told the truth? You'd do terrible in court. Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth... Yeah, I'd like to see you try"

"Im only here to talk. So, I get that you dont like me-"

"You're just learning that now?! And i thought i was oblivious... And how the heck do you keep finding me?" I lower my voice realizing im in a public place and not just my dorm.

"Unimportant. Anyways... You obviously care a lot about Thomas and John" she says.

"Of course! Sometimes Thomas gets on my nerves but I really do love both of them"

"Well I also kinda lov-"

"I will dump this perfectly good coffee on you if you say love"

I get a message on my phone but ignore it

"Fine. Alex I like you a lot"

"You have James so back off" I snap.

"You know, it would be a shame if something we're to happen to them"

I was still ignoring my phone but the texts were becoming more frequent.

"I swear whatever you did to john and thomas i will make sure happens to you" i growl.

"I didn't do anything... But id check your phone if i were you" she smirks as i take out my phone.

I throw my coffee at Maria's face before running back to the college. I could already smell the smoke as i got close to my dorm.

"Hang on guys! Im here to help!" I shout.

I start to charge towards the door but i notice that it's fire. I look around for something to use instead and end up breaking the door with a chair.

"...holy shit is this what fire is? I think I would prefer a hurricane..." I mutter. I quickly find John and help him out the room.

"Alex... Jefferson is still in the room" he says.

I nod before running back in the room. Geez it was already hard to breathe. Why nobody else was helping was beyond me. Rude.

While being unable to find a 6 foot tall person in smoke and flames, i saw something burning.

You know why you don't overheat a laptop? Because the battery will fucking explode. Which is exactly what happened.

I woke up sometime later on the floor, covered in blood and burns from the explosion.

I swear im going to kill Maria

I eventually did find thomas

"Jefferson? Come on you have to get up" i say between coughs.

Of course he had to be unconscious. Why did i think he wouldn't be? Its not like life wasnt already a jerk to my existence. Its not like i was hoping to not have to carry someone who was at least half a foot taller than me.

I fell to the ground after attempting to move him.

I saw someone walking towards us before I passed out.