FOUR

chapter four | lover boy

Yoongi watched as Jaebum's eyes never left Choi Youngjae. He always knew the boy had a thing for the other.

"Hey." He attempted getting his attention.

"Hey, lover boy, eyes over here," Yoongi teased, and smirked at Jaebum's hued face.

Jaebum turned back to his friends and rolled his eyes, "shut up, Yoongi."

Taehyung chuckled at their interaction, "oh hyung, I don't think you're one to talk."

Yoongi's smile fell, his plan had backfired, "Taehyung what happens in-"

"What happened?" Jaebum interrupted.

"Just Yoongi flirting with Hoseok, the usual."

"Jung Hoseok?"

This is gold, Jaebum thought.

"I did no such thing-"

"Yeah, whatever," Taehyung said.

Yoongi muttered, "bitch."

"Sorry, not sorry, lover boy," Taehyung mocked.

Jaebum looked at the two sheepishly, "so Jung Hoseok, huh?"

Yoongi groaned.

-

Hoseok slightly skipped through the halls, confidence was surging through him. He felt giddy, Yoongi's compliment had been a strange one but nevertheless, it was something.

"Jimin!" Hoseok shouted seeing his friend across the hall.

Jimin shut his locker just in time to meet Hoseok, "you called?"

"My m-money."

"Oh honey, unless you're that dancer I called last night, I owe you nothing," Jimin sighs walking with Hoseok who was baffled.

"T-The b-b-bet idiot," Hoseok huffs his eyebrows furrowed cutely.

Just as he was to reply, Jimin was interrupted by Seokjin who'd apparently been walking with them the entire time.

"First of all, eww," his eyes scan Jimin up and down, "I mean we knew but disgusting- no one needs to know of your little affairs, Jimin, and second, what bet?"

Jimin rolled his eyes, "I dared our little Hoseokie here to talk to Min Yoongi."

"Pfft, and how did that work out?"

Hoseok pulls the ends of his sleeve, "I did."

Jimin laughs, "and I'm Beyoncé."

"It's true boys," Taehyung interrupts. Jimin jumped, goddamn another one. "Saw it myself."

"I f-forgot you h-had that cla-class," Hoseok whispers to no one in particular.

Seokjin and Jimin were still not believing anything they said. It sounded too unreal to them.

"I-I'm not l-lying," Hoseok whined.

"Just give the man his money Jimin," Seokjin shrugged, maybe they could ask Yoongi about it later.

Plus Hoseok was just too cute to say no to.

Jimin sighed reluctantly pulling the five crisp dollars from his wallet. He had planned on getting lunch with that.

Hoseok let out a little, "yay," before securing the money in his phone case.

"What did he say?" Jimin asks, clarifying when Hoseok tilts his head in confusion, "Yoongi, what did he say?"

"T-That he l-liked my fa-face?"

-

Hoseok carries a small smile on his face. School was already out and he just sat in front of it. The ambiance of students leaving somehow calmed him while he doodled on his small yellow notebook.

He made small drawings and swung his feet off the brick ledge he was currently sitting on. It wasn't meant for people to sit on, it was for the flowers behind Hoseok.

The small man jumped when his phone went off immediately stuffing his pencil in the notebook.

Jimin had texted him something about Taehyung's soccer practice and if he wanted to join the rest of them to watch.

Hoseok bit his lip thinking of what to say.

Did Hoseok really want to stay another hour with his friends?

Typing and then deleting his mistakes Hoseok had started to text Jimin back. It was then when Hoseok realized how much he actually liked texting.

It didn't let the other person see how he stumbled on his words. It didn't give the other person a chance to tease him about his stutter.

It didn't-

"Do you come here often?"

Hoseok jumped, again, the grip on his phone tightening.

Really, Yoongi, out of all the things you could've said. Yoongi visibly cringed at his words. Of course, he comes here, idiot.

"Sorry I- That was horrible," rambled Yoongi.

Hoseok looked at his phone again not wanting Yoongi would see his pink-hued puffy cheeks.

" 's okay."

A comforting silence enveloped them, the only sound heard was Hoseok's swaying feet against the old brick and their soft breathing.

Slowly, Hoseok could see, everyone was leaving campus. The buzz of everyone talking got softer, the sound their feet on the pavement dying down.

Hoseok jumped off the ledge a little hmph leaving his lips. He dusted off his clothing, delicately placing his things in his backpack and his phone in his pocket.

Yoongi has plans to stay longer, Jackson had told him they'd walk home together.

"B-Bye Yoongi," Hoseok whispered and crumpled his sleeves in his hands.

Yoongi swore his heart bursted right then and there.

"Bye, Hoseok," Yoongi's voice was deeper and raspier than usual, Hoseok blushed again and finally turned away.

"Min Yoongi! You have some explaining to do!"

And there was Jackson.

that was kinda boring oops

it's not the most comfortable or the easiest to type with a cut finger