TWELVE

chapter twelve | stupid (scary!) presentations

It is given that Hoseok hates presentations.

He was expected to stand in front of a classroom of students his age who are most likely not even tuning or doing so with not so good intentions. Hoseok has to speak (scary!) several lines, engage his readers, and act like everything's okay. Which clearly everything is not okay.

It goes just as expected. With Hoseok stumbling over his words. He's too aware of the pitying looks he's getting as well as the stifled giggles some are holding in.

The boys in the back aren't even trying to hide their laughter. They nudge each other and try to copy his way of speaking. The teacher stops his group's presentation and Hoseok has never been more embarrassed. She calls out to the boys in the back but it barely changes the fact that he has already been mocked.

Then she turns to them in a hushed voice, "I'm sorry, Hoseok, but can someone else take over your lines? Don't worry, you'll still get full credit."

Hoseok nods quickly, he knows if he opens his mouth again he will not be able to hold back his wave of tears and exhaustion.

One of his group members rubs his back as she takes over his part but Hoseok barely registers it. He still feels it, a class later when the bell rings for lunch. His hands never really stopped shaking and the embarrassment never fades quickly.

Hoseok messily packs his things and flees for the door before any of his friends can get him. He makes it for the furthest bathroom from the cafeteria.

The serenity is short-lived before he can hear the deep words and bustle of boys.

"Did you see him in front of the class?" a voice says, "he was all a-a-a-and the uh, uh, well um."

Laughter follows.

"He embarrassed himself even going up there!"

The laughs get louder and louder until their voices leave the stalls and into the sinks where Hoseok stands hurt.

Hoseok doesn't say anything, he doesn't even turn to meet their eyes. He just pulls his sleeves down and sways his head to keep his glassy eyes dry.

The bathroom goes quiet  and Hoseok is sure they've noticed him now.

And finally, a teardrop kisses his cheek, and Hoseok rushes out of the bathroom not missing the "oh shit" that came from the boys he left behind.

Hoseok aims for the bleachers but his shaking body lets him go as far as the tree he had sat by a week ago with Yoongi. He sits behind the trunk this time and eventually lets his tears drop freely. He puts his knees up to his chest and hides his head.

Hoseok hated it.

He hated his stupid stutter and stupid presentations, he hates all of it. He hates that those boys were right.

The boy had embarrassed himself in front of the class. There really was no point in even going when he knew how it would end. Did he think he could finally do something right? Something he'd be proud of? Well, he was wrong.

He cries his little body out and he doesn't plan to stop anytime soon.

Well, he didn't, until he tried.

"Hoseok?"

And god, he knew that voice.

With a fast-beating heart, he tries to stifle his cries and wipe his tears. He brings his knees down and uses his sleeve to cover his face.

He doesn't actually meet his eyes, he looks at the other boy's shoes when he says tears still falling from his eyes, "Y-Yoongi?"

He hiccups and is still trying to wipe away tears.

Before he knows it Yoongi has planted himself beside him and pulls him into his arms. He says nothing, just gently pushing back Hoseok's curly bangs from his eyes.

This only makes Hoseok sob harder. Now he is even more embarrassed but Yoongi doesn't seem to be loosening his grip anytime soon. They're in an awkward position that isn't comfortable at all but Hoseok could care less at that moment. He wraps his arms around the other boy and grabs a handful of his sweater.

Yoongi pulls back when Hoseok has quieted down just a bit.

"Sit here," he orders and pats his lap.

Hoseok doesn't seem like talking so he just gives him a questioning look. And somehow Yoongi gets it.

He nods, "C'mon, face me."

When Hoseok doesn't move and just looks with wide eyes, he smiles. He grips his waist for confirmation.

So, Hoseok listens. Slowly he puts both legs on either side of Yoongi and sits down carefully in his lap, both of their chests are facing towards each other.

Hoseok's face is burning a pretty shade of red, Yoongi's ears match.

"Can I ask?" Yoongi questions after a minute of silence. Hoseok assumes he's talking about the reason behind his crying.

As a response Hoseok just dips himself forward, he places his chin on Yoongi's shoulder and shakes his head.

"Okay."

Yoongi holds them in place. He brushes his back and waist softly and if he's not careful Hoseok will be falling asleep in minutes.

Ultimately, Hoseok does tell him what happened. He doesn't elaborate on how he felt but Yoongi gets the gist.

"Who were they?" he asks.

Hoseok tilts his head to the side.

"The boys that were making fun of you. Who were they?"

Hoseok shrugs. He genuinely does not know any of their names. He only knows that he shares classes with some of them.

"Well, it's okay, you got me now."

Hoseok likes the sound of that.

this,, took a while sorry about that i was away from a computer and that seriously delayed an update if anything is misspelled or sumn i didn't edit i just wanted to give y'all an update

anyways if you wanted a visual representation on how they're sitting

bonus points if you can name who the people in the picture are!!