Chapter 8 ~ Mary Antoinette

It had been about a week since that day.

Taehyung had stayed true to his word and had given Jimin a chance, but in his opinion they were still in the same place they were before, except Jimin was more flirty and vice versa, giving each other kisses sometimes and stuff. He could say that he liked it and Jimin was oh so grateful for the opportunity.

Jungkook, Namjoon and Hoseok had become a lot closer over the past week. Hoseok had come over to Jungkook's house a couple of times, and Namjoon once to play with his dog and his sister. Their friendship was progressing quite quickly, but none of them minded. All they knew was that they had a lot of fun hanging out with each other and that was what mattered.

Jimin and Jin had started to subtly bullying Jungkook, but they didn't make it obvious. It was mostly 'accidentally' tripping him in the hallways, to secret notes left in his locker and tucked into his books. Jungkook tried not to let it get to him, and this was where his friends came into play. They didn't know about it, because Jungkook didn't tell them, but they unknowingly actually helped Jungkook forget about it whenever they were together.

Taehyung saw the notes that Jungkook was holding, but he completely misinterpreted them. He thought that Jungkook was giving them to someone, and this was further approved when Jimin showed him a note exactly like the ones Jungkook was holding, but addressed to himself instead.

Taehyung didn't do anything about it, because Jimin asked him not to, but internally his opinion the boy seemed to sink down, he scolded himself for ever wanting to get to know him.

"Taehyung, focus! You've been slacking off slightly, and you need to listen to what is going on. What did I just ask?"

It was in the middle of history class, and Taehyung found himself drowning in his thoughts again. He looked up, and he racked his brain for what the teacher was asking, but his mind was blank. His face red with embarrassment, he looked up at the teacher.

"I don't know sir."

Mr Byun frowned at Taehyung slightly, and left it and continued on with the lesson. Taehyung let out a sigh of relief, noticing Jimin looking at him from the corner of his eye. He tilted his head to look like he was looking at the teacher, but instead looking at Jimin. But instead of noticing Jimin's comforting smile, he watched as Namjoon and Jungkook were looking at each other and probably having a silent conversation.

"Jungkook! Just because you're new doesnt mean that we will give you a chance! Now what did I just ask?"

Jungkook looked down at his book, and looked up at the teacher.

"You didn't ask anything. But you were talking about Mary Antoinette's past, before she became the queen of France."

Mr Byun looked taken aback for a second, then narrowed his eyes."

"And what age was that?"

"19 years old." Jungkook answered without missing a beat. Mr Byun frowned for a split second then looked down at Taehyung.

"You should learn from this boy Taehyung."

Mr Byun continued talking about Mary Antoinette and Taehyung looked ahead to observe Jungkook. He didn't look very shy about being picked on the spot, and he just simply continued to take notes. Taehyung ruffled his hair, as if that would get rid of his thoughts and continued to focus on the lesson.

Jimin watched this whole exchange with one thought in his head.

Suck-up