Chapter 12 ~ Making friends

Taehyung opened his door to see a familiar pair of doe eyes looking up at him.

Jungkook was standing there, with a sheepish look on his face, dressed in a yellow hoodie and a pair of grey sweatpants, soft brown hair falling into his eyes as he swept it away.

Taehyung's breath hitched slightly. It was no secret, Jungkook was attractive. But now, now he looked so comfy that it took a lot of willpower for Taehyung not to just reach out and hug the boy to death.

"Hello?" His voice came out questioning, still wondering why the boy from next door was standing on his porch.

"Right I know we havent introduced ourselves properly as neighbours, but my friends and I were playing next door and the ball we were playing with kind of got knocked into your house." Jungkook played with his fingers when he saw Taehyung enter his house again, and he waited for a minute before the silver haired boy appeared again.

"Here you go." Jungkook took the ball from him but then hesitated slightly.

Here goes nothing

"Do you, maybe, want to come over for a while? I mean if your bored and have nothing else to do, if have nothing else is going on if your doing something then its ok-"

Taehyung raised a hand to stop Jungkook from rambling further. Jungkook blushed and looked down. Cute, Taehyung thought.

"Sure, I don't mind." Taehyung and Jungkook walked over to his house and Jungkook opened the door and led Taehyung through it to get to his backyard.

As he opened the door to the backyard, Jungkook walked two steps forward before a german shepard puppy jumped on him, pushing him backwards. Taehyung looked up from Jungkook on the floor to see Yoongi and Hoseok watching him, Hoseok smiling but Yoongi just looking at him with a blank face.

Hoseok stepped forward and crushed Taehyung in a hug before stepping away and looking at his face. "It's been a while since we last hung out."

Taehyung nodded, remembering the times that he used to play with Hoseok when they were little. Yoongi was still staring at him and he was quite still until the ball flew out from nowhere and hit him in the head.

"Yah Jungkook!" Yoongi grabbed the ball and stood up, running after Jungkook around the yard, laughing out loud. They were running around and playing until Hoseok threw the ball at Yoongi's feet, making him fall then ran into the house, Yoongi chasing after him.

Jungkook and Taehyung sat down on the grass, watching Jisoo roll around with Sailor.

Taehyung watched Jungkook. He liked hanging out with him, today had been fun. But, there was still that nagging feeling about Jungkook being mean to Jimin and he had to address it or he would feel super guilty.

"Why did you do it?" Jungkook furrowed his brows, turning to Taehyung. "What do you mean?" Do what? 

"Why were you so mean to Jimin?" At this, Jungkook whipped his whole body to sit in front of Taehyung, tilting his head slightly.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Jimin told me on the first day of school that you were mean to him, and he showed me a note you wrote cursing him out."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and quickly ran into his house, coming out with a bunch of sticky notes, throwing them at Taehyung's feet.

"You mean like these? I've been having Jin and Jimin on my back for the past week and it's becoming really annoying. On my first day of school, Jimin came up to me and told me to leave you guys alone and called me scum. I really didnt need that, especially coming from a background of being bullied. He told me that you said that, and he just came to deliver the message."

Taehyung looked at him shocked. "I never said eny of that! In fact, I told him that I had a new neighbour and I pointed him out to you and I told him that after school I wanted to go over to your house and say hi, and introduce myself as your neighbour. When he told me that you were rude to him, I was kind of upset because I wanted to make a new friend."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and smiled. "Well Taehyung, now you have a new friend. Also, if I had to guess why Jimin said those things, from what I've been told he is quite obsessive. If anything, he probably thought you were just going to start hanging out with me and no one else. I mean, isn't that what you did to him and Hoseok?"

Taehyung nodded slowly. "I guess you could say that. I'm still going to ask him to stop bullying you though. Anyways, I think i need to go. I'll see you tomorrow in school?"

Jungkook smiled and nodded.

Taehyung got up and Jungkook walked him to the door. As Taehyung walked home, he couldnt help but wonder what possessed Jimin to be so mean. Did Taehyung really mean that much to him?

All he knew was, he needed to talk to Jimin and make him leave Jungkook alone, because the poor boy didn't deserve that.