Chapter❹❷

Don't trust anyone.

🥀

"So could you explain it to me?" He said as he closed the door, the window of the room was covered as always, making everything dark and almost pitch black if it wasn't for the light that could make it's way through the window, it being really faint because it came from the moon that was making it's way up the sky just waking up.

"What do you exactly want to know?"

"Well-" he walked closer to the bed the blonde was sitting on with the brunette's guitar, playing around with it "I had never heard about the massacre of the 98 before"

"Really?" He said surprised, looking up at his boyfriend through the dark "that's.. weird-"

"Is it?" He sat on the edge of the bed, slightly sinking it as he looked back at Dream who was leaning on the wall.

"Well, it's basically a story that had a big impact on the city, people literally died and it also is like the biggest "event" that has happened here"

"The thing is, I'm not from here- I moved here after.. my mother died..-"

"Oh wait sorry I didn't want to remind you of that"

"Nonono it's okay" he looked down at his lap "I.. I'm not over it but don't worry it's not that bad.. anyways- uhm, my father brought us here because he once lived here, at least that's what he told me, he also told me that he went to our same school"

"Hm" he stayed silent for a second "alright" he placed the guitar on the side of the bed "you already know most of it because I told it on school, but I was not allowed to say more publicly so" he cleared his throat, making the brunette look up to him.

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's obvious that more happened, everybody knows that, but since I have to keep my figure so the teachers don't get mad I couldn't really say that the police was also on the wrong, I have to stay neutral if I don't want to get arrested for disagreeing with them"

"That- that's.. true now that I think about it-"

"The story that gets told is modified to make it look like the protesters were being aggressive just because, they cut the parts where the police killed people because they fucking wanted to"

"..."

"The principal had a son" Wilbur looked at him with surprise "we don't really know what happened to him, he disappeared after the principal died in the fire"

"That's just- a really tragic story"

"Could be worse for the people who lost a family member in the explosion" he noticed Wil's mood change, sitting straighter, opening his mouth to speak but got interrupted before his vocal cords could manage to say something.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore-" he crawled infront of the blonde, sitting on his lap and resting his head on his shoulder, hiding his face on the crook of his neck "can we cuddle for a little?"

"Just for an hour so we have time to prepare for the masquerade"

"It's in 2 hours, we have time" he mumbled a response, tired.

...

He frowned, looking around the hall he was in before figuring that it was bad to hear other people's conversations invading their privacy, but this was more important to him. It was still dark, but he could perfectly see around him since his sight already got used to it just like Wilbur would always do instead of turning the lights on, guess father and son are alike "I thought I could protect him from everything.."

He stood in front of the door for at least 10 minutes, debating whether he should knock or not. After a lot of "what if"s he decided that it wouldn't hurt to embarrass Wilbur a little bit, it's been awhile since he's done that anyways.

He knocked three times before grabbing the doorknob and turning it without waiting for a response, opening it and going in calmly, still holding onto the door "hey Wil" he saw the brunette flinch and quickly turn his head to the door, widening his eyes when he saw his dad.

"dAD- W- whAt ar- ajkjksjslmsn-" he mumbled as he pushed the blonde away who was laughing at him "W- wHAT DO YOU NEEEEDEWAKWKKSJ-" he managed to get off from his boyfriend, crawling away from him and not remembering that the bed has an end, falling to the ground with a blanket tangled around him.

He was trying so hard to hold in his laugh and not embarrass his son more, but he knew that he would use this against him the next day "y- you alright mate?" he said, a light laugh coming out of him.

"i'M- NOT." Dream crawled to the edge of the bed, looking down at the brunette on the floor.

"Don't worry mate, I came here to tell you that I was going to leave and go to the store, do you want something?"

"N- no-" he covered his face with his hands in embarrassment, he's cheeks an intense red.

"Does your boyfriend want something?"

"ye-"

"NO HE DOESN'T" he interrupted Dream throwing a pillow at his face, clearly mad.

"Alright" he was about to walk out when he heard a certain blonde.

"I'll take care of your son" he stopped moving for a second, looking at him and then back to the dark hallway.

"I know you will" he said to himself, walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.

"I'm not a baby, I can take care of myself!" Wilbur said as he looked away embarrassed.

🥀

I killed my charger