Chapter 7. Somebody Is Cranky

Luis's POV

The guys and I stood by our lockers. Brayden, Ryan, Dawson, and Aiden made conversation, but I wasn't really paying much attention. I was scanning the hall for Remmington. 

I missed my friends' entire conversation up until Ryan muttered, "Women are so fucking complicated." This statement caught my attention.

"Buddy, nobody, is as complicated as your sister," I said.

Ryan chuckled. "She doesn't trust you, dude. Do you blame her? I mean, you don't have a good reputation, Lu."

I shrugged and nodded in agreement as my eyes continued to scan the hall, and then I saw her. She came down the hall in a mini black leather skirt with black combat boots. Her purple crop top showed off her belly button ring, and she had on a black hoodie which was unzipped with the hoodie up. 

"Not bad for a gothic chick," Dawson said and smirked. 

"Not your usual," Aiden added.

I rolled my eyes. "She's not gothic. She's pissed off, and I'm going to guess I'm the reason."

"What makes you think she's mad?" Brayden asked as he closed his locker and held his books at his hip by his hand.

They all looked at me with questioning expressions.

I sighed and shrugged. "She tends to dress according to her mood."

Her makeup was darker than usual, and her hair was down, hovering around her face like a thick blonde curtain—to keep me and everyone else out.

What a pain in my ass—I thought. I started for her but stopped short. Jarrod Fischer approached her. What does that asshole want?

She turned to look at him, and she looked at him with recognition. A smile spread across her lips, and she shrugged, but I couldn't make out what she said. She squeezed his bicep as she walked past. He smiled back at her. I hated the familiarity and the comfortability that obviously existed between the two of them.

There wasn't anything I could do; I was frozen on the spot. At that point, I knew it was a deal-breaker we agreed, fake or not, that we wouldn't fuck around with other people, and from how cozy they looked left little doubt in my mind that something went on that I didn't know about.

I shook my head and scoffed. "What the fuck?" I muttered to myself. I turned and headed in the other direction for Spanish class. 

***

"Somebody is cranky," I said as I snuck up behind her.

She gasped and spun around, losing her footing and stumbling into me. Her breasts were noticeably pressed against my upper ribs, and it was pretty hard not to get excited over the fact. It wasn't the first time her chest was against mine. I even got a damn good look at her nipples once. I couldn't deny the attraction if I tried. It was different with Remmington. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be attracted to Ryan's twin sister, but here I was fighting erections. 

"What do you want?" 

"That malice in your voice is a little dramatic, don't you think?"

"Kicking you in the balls would be dramatic."

"Like you haven't tried."

"Usually for good reason."

"We need to straighten this shit out, Remi."

She stiffened and pulled away from me. "There isn't anything to straighten out. You broke the rules."

"Did I?" I raised my eyebrows, surprised. "When and how exactly did I do that?"