Chapter 10. Right Hook

Remi's POV

"I'm not. . .doing that," he said. "The deal is still on. Unless you want out of it, if you do, I won't tell your dad anything, and you can keep the weed I gave you so far for going along with it as long as you did."

"We don't have much more time, so I think I'll just finish it out. Everyone has to finish something at least once," I said and rolled my eyes. I was known for starting things and not finishing them. It was a lot of weed to give up if I didn't finish what I said I would do.

"I never should have blackmailed you, Rem. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm over it," I told him honestly.

When Luis said he was reevaluating our relationship, it stung a little, and I wasn't sure that I liked that too much. What would it feel like when it was really over? This was something agreed to, so he had a date to his sister's wedding and so his parents would get off of him about a relationship. I have to be the one to break it off because then he seems devastated and doesn't want to be in a relationship for a long time. That's what we agreed on. This way, his parents wouldn't be on him about why he never held relationships. 

"Do I smell pepperoni?" I asked, confused, and inhaled deeply through my nose. I love pepperoni.

Luis laughed. "Um, yeah. I kind of stopped and got you some stuff in case you needed it, ya know?" 

"Like what?"

Luis pulled me off the bed and pulled me over to his couch. There were bags upon bags of stuff. Candy, chocolate, sugary treats, soda, ice cream, and a large pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut. I picked up the bag of pads and the box of tampons and looked at him, confused.

He shrugged. "I didn't know which you preferred. All women are different on that."

I laughed and shook my head. There was also a cute tan teddy bear with a white bow around its neck.  "Did you really get all of this for my period, or are you trying to make up for being an ass?"

Luis sighed and looked at his feet with a guilty expression. "Maybe both. Is it working?" He glanced up at me from under his eyelashes and arched a brow. The look in his eyes made my heart skip a beat.

"A little," I murmured and shrugged. "You didn't have to get this much stuff, though."

Luis grabbed the ice cream and put it in his little fridge-freezer in his bedroom. I took the twelve-pack of pop to him, and he started putting it away. 

"So, is it just a coincidence that you know my favorite soda and pizza, or are you stalking me?" 

When he finished putting the soda away, he stood up and looked down at me. "Every time I ask you what kind of pop you want, you always tell me, Mountain Dew. You're always drinking it. It's my favorite too. As for the pizza, when we were kids, you wouldn't eat any kind of pizza but pepperoni pizza. I just assumed it was still your favorite."

"Don't you ever think maybe it's a little weird. . ." I trailed off and shook my head. "Nevermind." A blush started to creep in, so I turned and started for his couch. It's weird that we know each other so well. Why did I remember so much about him, and he remembers so much about me? I finished in my head what I couldn't say out loud because it felt too girlish. I didn't want Luis thinking that I wasn't tough. 

"Let's watch a movie."

"Great, what are we watching?" I asked and sat down on his couch, opening the pizza box.

"How about The Proposal? Have you seen that?" he asked.

"Um, no? Sounds like a romance," I muttered.