Chapter 3

Charlotte POV

The car ride is an awkward silence. I can tell he wants to start a conversation. I'm not gonna help him out either I mean I could ask him so many questions. Who are you? What's your name? How old are you? How much longer? What do you do for fun? How are the others? How many do I have? Or most importantly why were you two hours late to pick me up? My anger begins to rise, but I need to stay calm. 

"Charlie, I'm not gonna ask again put on your goddam seatbelt." He says in a scary voice. His hand tightens around the wheel. Is someone getting mad I didn't mean for that to happen. Oh well.

"Charlotte," I reply and he gives me a confused look. "My name is Charlotte, not Charlie." I clarify. He looks hurt.

"Fine Charlotte put on your seatbelt before I do it for you." He says. I sit there and stare at him I know it's an empty threat. 

Turns out it wasn't he pulls over on the highway and puts my seatbelt on me. I try to unbuckle a few times he would just pull over again. I want to yell at him so badly, but I don't. 

Here we are sitting on the side of a highway playing seatbelt roulette neither of us backing down. I am angry and hungry which never go well together, and it's like he knew because he hands me a bag of chips. I am too preoccupied to realize he buckles my seatbelt again and we are driving.

"Hey," I say when I realize. All he did in response of shrug with a smirk on his face. The audacity of this person. Or my brother. Eww, that's weird. "What's your name?" I ask.

"Nicholas I'm your third oldest brother," he replies passing me water.

"You need to stop with the mind reading it's creepy," I say. He just laughs. "Wait third oldest how many are there?" I ask taking a sip of water.

"You have seven brothers," he says as if it is the most normal thing. This makes me spit my water out. "Watch it," he says drying off his car with napkins.

"Seven?!" I say shocked. 

"That is what I said" he replies. I can tell he is amused by my reaction. "It's not that bad don't worry," he continues. Not that bad I thought. I went from no siblings and a father who could care less to seven people breathing down my back. Fuck me. 

"Language," he says. He's making my anger worse I thought clenching my jaw. "It's gonna be a little while if you want to get sleep." He tells me.

"I'm good I slept on the plane." I lie. 

"Just say you're good don't lie." He says. How?

"I'm not," I say.

"You are," He says.

"No."

"Yes."

"NO."

"YES."

"No."

"No."

"Yes," I say. "Hey, you tricked me," I say with a pout.

"Sorry, Bambina," he replies still smirking. I wanna wipe it off his face so badly, but I can't. So instead I stick my tongue out at him. I know really mature.

We drive in silence again this time comfortable. This doesn't mean I like him or trust him or want to stay with him, but the silence is nice.

Till it's interrupted by a phone ringing. Nicholas picks up his phone I see it's from someone named Giovanni. I wonder who that is. Nicholas begins to speak in Italian.

"Ciao," he says

(hi)

"Dove sei?" The person on the other side of the line responds.

(Where are you)

"Siamo a circa 20 minuti di distanza. Abbiamo avuto un piccolo ritardo." Nicholas says looking at me during the last part. He is definitely talking about the seat belt fight. 

(We're about 20 minutes away. We had a small delay.)

"Okay," the guy responds.

(Ok)

I decide to play dumb and pretend I don't know Italian. I'm not sure how long I can do this, I mean if they look at my file they would know it's a lie. 

"How much longer?" I ask.

"20 minutes," Nic responds. Shit, did I give him a nickname? It usually takes so long for me to trust someone to give them a nickname, but this feels different. No, I'm not gonna let my guard down.

After the so-called 20 minutes which felt like 40, we arrive at the house. Wait, no the mansion. These people are really fucking rich. 

"Come on bambina," Nicholas says getting out of the car. I sit there in shock before the door is opened. "Let's go," Nicholas says again.

"Okay, so the boys are working and at practice, but will be here for dinner which is in about 15 minutes," Nicholas says looking at his watch. His Rolex might I add. "Let me show you you're room," Nicholas says walking towards the curved stairs that are attached to the wall. This house is gorgeous.

After we get up the stairs we take two lefts and a right or was it two rights and a left? I'm gonna need a map. We arrive at a hall of doors. We walk to the white door at the very end.

"This is your room," Nicholas says as we stand outside the closed door. "On the left are Bruno, Alessandro, me, and Giovanni. On the right are Luca, Matteo, and Vincenzo." He continues. I just nod. I wanna see my room. Nicholas finally opens the door.

"Holy shit," I say.

"Language" Nicholas scolds. I roll my eyes.

"I saw that," he says. 

The room is distracting me from replying in a witty way. The room is sage green. The walls have wood paneling in squares that are painted green. There is a huge bed with a white duvet and a sage blanket. There is also a TV and sitting area which keeps the color theme. A desk/ vanity is in a corner next to a door that is also next to the TV. I open the door to reveal the closet. I have a fucking walk-in closet. This closet is the size of my old bedroom. There is another door on the other side of the TV which is the bathroom. This also keeps the color theme. Maybe my brothers are interior decorators or relators they are usually rich. 

"I'm guessing you like it," Nicholas says laughing at my reaction.

"I fucking love it," I reply.

"Language, and wash-up dinners soon someone will come to get you." He says. I take a quick shower but don't wash my hair. I put on a sweatshirt as I hear a knock. 

"Come in," I say as the door opens revealing a boy who has the same blue-green eyes and brown hair. 

"Hi, I'm Bruno! I really missed you. I was told you get you for dinner." He says. I just smile and walk towards him. Wow, this guy is like 6ft. I didn't realize how short I was till now. I mean I'm 5'7 which is pretty tall for a girl. We arrive at the dining room table where six pairs of eyes stare at me. This is gonna be one interesting dinner.

------------------------------------------------------

❤️ Lexi

Don't forget to vote and comment.