Chapter 22

Gio's POV

I hate the Russians. We had an issue with them a few years back, and now they are back. Vince, Nico, Elijah, Andrew, and I have been working for two days straight trying to get them under control. We have finally got to a point where we could keep an eye on them and they aren't as big of a threat. 

"Finally we're home," Nico says. I look at the clock and it reads 3:30 am. It's so late. 

"Go to bed we all need rest," I say. Nico nods and leaves. Vince slowly leaves. I sit down on one of the stools. I need a second. I feel dizzy and I have a huge headache. This happens when I get too stressed out. Between the Russians and Charlie returning home, I haven't gotten a breath. I feel like I'm doing something wrong like there's a piece I'm missing. 

"Gio, you aren't okay," Vince says.

"How long have you been there?" I ask.

"Long enough," he says grabbing my hand to check my blood sugar. I look at it and it says 53 mg/dL. I know that's bad, like really bad.

"Shit, dude you know you can't be that low," Vince says grabbing my snacks to help get it up.

"Relax, will you," I say eating the snacks. Vince sets the 15-minute alarm.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Stop worrying it's not like I have diabetes," I say.

"No you have hypoglycemia which can be just as bad especially when you let it get this low," he scolds me. 

"I know," I sigh. Vince sits next to me.

"What's up," he asks.

"I can't give her all she needs," I say quietly.

"Yes, you can. It may feel like you can't, but you have. She already likes it here and it's a stable place for her. No more moving around or being in the system which is where she would be if it wasn't for you. You've managed to raise all of us so far and we've turned out great thanks to you. That all being said you can't just not take care of yourself too," he says to me.

"You're right," I say as the alarm goes off. Vince checks my blood pressure again and it's at a healthy level.

"Let's go we both need sleep," he says.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Charlotte's POV

It was nice to be with my brothers all day yesterday, but hopefully, Luca doesn't say anything about last night to anyone. I never did go to sleep last night even after Luca told me to. I guess that's what I get for sleeping in. I look around for the best way to get out. After completing the obstacle course of human limbs I free myself from the bed and head into the kitchen. As I get close I hear some noise. I get ready to fight whoever dared to enter the house.

"GIO!!!!" I say my voice full of excitement. I clear my throat. "It's good to see you," I say more calmly pretending not to care he was gone. He laughs at me.

"I missed you too," he says as he comes to hug me. I wrap my arms tightly around him that way he can never leave again. Much to my dismay, he steps back-breaking the hug and kissing my head. All my brothers enter the kitchen shortly after. All of us are in the kitchen ready for the day by 7:00. This has to be some record.