Chapter 28

Bruno's POV

I stand in the Rugry Plaza waiting for Charlie. I see them start to walk toward me, but stop in the middle of a field. Why did they stop? I walk a bit closer, but stop when I see Ava surrounded by the light of hundreds of fireflies. She looks even prettier than usual if that's possible. I can't take my eyes off her. I feel myself getting pushed and I turn to see Charlie pushing me towards Ava. I notice too late because soon it's just Ava and I in the field. Ava stops spinning and looks around to see her friends have left. She stops looking when her eyes meet mine.

"Hi," I say.

"Hi."

"Just so you know you outshine these fireflies," I tell her and I see her blush. God that may have been the cheesiest thing I've ever said, but she blushed so I guess it's still a win.

"Thanks." Ava shivers slightly. I take off my jacket and put it around her shoulders. I try to move away, but she doesn't let me. We somehow end up on our backs staring at the stars and fireflies.

"This is truly an unforgettable night," I say quietly.

"How so?" She asks.

"Because I'm here with you," I say turning my head to look at her she catches my eyes more than a thousand stars do. Unfortunately, her phone rings interrupting our time.

"I'm sorry I have to go," she says. We say bye and I head back to Charlie. I get to her and look around.

"Where did your friends go?" I ask.

"They had to leave, but how was Ava," she asks.

"Fine."

"Come on I know it was magical, the best feeling because you're in love."

"Shut up, before I make you run behind the car," I say heading toward the car. She follows and we head home.

"How was it," Nic asks her when we walk into the kitchen. 

"Amazing, I love the south and sweet tea and biscuits," she lists off. We all laugh she's so cute. We hang out in the kitchen talking for a while before I notice Gio giving Luca a weird look. A second later he calls out Charlotte's name. What's that about?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Gio's POV

"Charlie," I say. She looks at me. "Can I have a word?" I ask. She gets up and lets me lead her to my office. Luca also joins us. We head into my office on the first floor and all take a seat.

"So what's this about?" She asks. I look at Luca before speaking.

"We want to talk about your sleeping habits," I calmly say. I don't want her to freak out, but I still notice the panic in my eyes.

"I promise I'm not on my phone it's not affecting my sleep," she says referring back to her first night here and our talk.

"I-we know that's why we're here," I take a pause. "Since you've been here you've woken up super early which is fine some people are early birds, but for you, it's like super early, especially for a teenager. You also seem tired, and not once have you looked like you've had a good night's sleep."