Chapter 19

Charlotte's POV

"So you're the sister he won't shut up about," Nora says.

"I guess," I say. Is it gonna be us sitting here for an hour?

"You look bored wanna walk around?" Lily asks. I nod my head. We walk around the quad and the football stadium. The campus is so pretty and southern. I still can't get over the stadium. Nora has a key to get in because she works there so we are now sitting in the stadium. Mom and I used to watch college football every Saturday we could no matter where we were. It was one thing from America we always did.

"You like football?" Nora asks a bit surprised.

"I love it, why?" I ask.

"Not many girls do. They only start in college because of the parties. Also, your family is Italian," she adds. I never thought about that.

"My brothers in high school play football, but now that you mention it, It's probably so they can be more popular," I say annoyed.

"I'm sorry," she says.

"What?" I ask. What is she sorry for?

"Having to live with that many brothers being a girl. Matteo complains and he's in the older part. You might be one of the strongest people I met," she says.

"Thanks," I reply. Matteo has good taste in friends.

"Thanks," they reply. I look at them confused.

"You said it out loud," Lily says before getting interrupted by her phone.

"Hey," she says. "Yes." "No." "The football field." "Okay see you soon bye." She hangs up the phone.

"Matteo?" I ask. She nods and 15 minutes later Matteo appears next to us.

"Thank you so much," Matteo says to both of them.

"No problem we love your sister," Nora says. I smile at her compliment. We wave bye as we head off.

"Where are we going?" I ask. I get no reply. Really it is a simple question. We arrive at a food court for dinner. Matteo swipes a card and we get food. I get chicken tenders and a cupcake. We sit down at a table. Some kids look at us weirdly. What, I can't come to visit my brother?

"How was class," I ask trying to break the silence. He sits there before finally speaking up.

"Fine," he says. Wow very detailed. 

"Are you mad at me?" I ask as we leave the dining hall. He again doesn't reply. We walk in silence to his dorm. We get inside and I sit on his bed. 

"Are you just not gonna talk to me?" I ask. I hope not. Stop Charlie you don't need them you haven't for the last 14 years.

"No, but I am fucking mad," he yells. He looks very scary. "Do you know how much danger you put yourself in? You had me and your brothers worried sick," he continues to yell.

"No, because I know you guys don't actually care. I'm a burden to you all. I don't know why I came here I guess I thought that just maybe one of my so-called brothers would want me. I was wrong," I say back standing up and heading to the door.