Chapter 16

Charlotte's POV

Dinner was interesting and not at all how I thought it would go. I also thought that the next time I would see Logan would've played out differently. I am in bed when someone knocks at my door. I roll my eyes what now?

"Come in," I say. Gio walks in and sits at the chair of my desk.

"You look tired so I'll make this quick. What happened at dinner tonight was not okay and I expect the next time we host, things will be different. Understood," he says. I nod my head. "Understood," he says sternly.

"Yes." Why is he so strict and stressed? What happened at dinner that was so bad? I fell asleep to a bunch of these thoughts. 

"It's a simple task I ask of you. Can you not understand?" Lev yells. I stay quiet hoping it will help it end.

"I said can you not understand?" I again say nothing. "Answer me cyka," he says. I then feel a sting on my face. He hit me. I try my hardest not to cry because he told me it makes me weak. I fail and tears begin to fall. "Weak, that's what you are weak," he says. I keep on crying. I am waiting for him, but he never comes. "I said to stop," Lev says grabbing my neck. I can't breathe. he is crushing me with one hand. I try to get his hands off, but it is no use he is too strong. I try to scream for help.

"Charlotte." I hear my name but it is so far away.

"S-sto stop pl-pleas-please," I manage to get out. His hand gets tighter. 

"Wake up." I feel a person shake me. I begin to wiggle trying to get all the hands off me. 

"It's not real," the voice says and my eyes snap open. I am greeted by my legs held down by Bruno, and my arms held by Matteo. 

"It's okay," Matteo assures me. I can feel the tears on my face. 

"Can you let go," I ask quietly. After my hands are free they go to my throat. It hurt from I'm guessing the screaming and it stung as I made contact. 

"No, don't touch," Matteo warns me. I must have scratched it. Bruno passes me a glass of water and I down it quickly.

"What happened?" Matteo asks. I just lie there. "You were screaming and I couldn't get you to wake up," he continues. 

"Really," I say confused. That's when it comes back my flash back. "Nothing happened," I say.

"Stop lying to us. That wasn't nothing," Matteo says. 

"Ya ne khochu ob etom govorit'," I say in Russian. Shit that is a giveaway.

(I don't want to talk about it)

"So something to do with Russia," Matteo says picking up on my hint. I turn away from him. "Fine we will just talk about it tomorrow," he says leaving with Bruno. I don't get any sleep after that, and I am tired. It took a lot of my energy. 

*****************************************

I leave the house already extremely tired. I go through my classes zoning out and quiet. I think my teachers enjoyed the quiet from me. It is lunchtime and I head to the table my friends sit at. I walk through the doors only to be stopped by Bruno.