Chapter 5

Giovanni POV

Earlier that day

I am in my office filling out paperwork for my next shipment when my phone begins to ring. The only people to call my personal number are my brothers or someone calling about my brothers. Looking at the time I expected it to be the school, but am shocked when it wasn't.

"Hi, is this Giovanni Giordano?" A man with a very strong French accent says.

"Yes, who is this?" I reply I don't have the time for this.

"Hi, my name is Harvey Blanc and I'm calling with regard to your sister Charlotte Jones," he says.

This isn't real, right? My sister, I haven't seen in fourteen years. We've been looking for so long, but always come up empty-handed.

"Hello," Harvey says.

"Yeah sorry," I reply.

"So I have good and bad news kinda," he begins.

What does kinda mean?

"I'm not sure if you know, but Charlotte's mother died and she's been living with her stepdad who died tonight. We are looking for a guardian and you are the closest would you like to take her in?" Harvey asks.

"Yes, of course," I say. "What's the bad news?" I ask. I mean it can't be her stepdad's death, right?

"Well, umm, you see..." he begins.

"Just say it," I say getting impatient.

"Okay, you're sister was just arrested for the 18th time this month and is facing many charges and juvie," he says. My fiore was arrested 18 times in one month and is facing juvie. My little sister.

"Hold on let me make a quick call," I tell Harvey. I can't believe this, but being the head of a mafia makes you really powerful so if I want I can pull some strings and get her out of juvie, and that's what I did.

"Okay, I believe it says she shouldn't need to go to juvie now," I say to Harvey.

"Yes," he says and I could sense the shock in his voice. "I'll get her on the next flight back to America."

"Thank you," I say. 

************************

I've been tracking Charlotte's flight and it's almost landed, yet Vince and I are stuck in this meeting. I text Charlotte to let her know we are gonna be late, but we are on our way. I text Nicholas and ask if he can pick her up. I'm so excited to see her and I really wanted to pick her up myself, but I can't.

The other boys are also really excited well most are. Alessandro has mixed feelings. I know he's happy deep down, but her leaving was hard for him. A lot of us changed and became cold after she was taken, but him especially he was just a kid who lost his only sister.

It's almost 6:30 and they aren't back yet so I decide to call Nicholas. 

"Ciao," he says.

(hi)

"Dove sei?" I ask.

(Where are you)

"Siamo a circa 20 minuti di distanza. Abbiamo avuto un piccolo ritardo," Nicholas says.

(We're about 20 minutes away. We had a small delay.)

"Okay," I respond.

(Okay)

They finally arrive and so do the boys after their practice. I tell Bruno to get Charlotte for dinner. When they come down we all stare at her she has become so pretty. Her blue-green eyes from our father stare back at us. As she sits down I introduce myself. She responds with a hi. I missed her voice so much.

 I try to call her name, but no response. My brothers also try and we get nothing for two minutes till she snaps out of it. I ask if she wants cheese which she responds with a yes. 

I make the boys introduce themselves and all goes well till Alessandro's turn. We all look at him waiting, but he just sits there. I hear Charlotte say something about the awkwardness. I warn Alessandro, but he still has to be difficult. I'll talk to him later. 

She begins to eat and loves it, but her language is something we will have to work on. I don't want my sister to be like me and my brothers, but I guess she's not as innocent as I thought. I looked through her file. She moved a lot and is good at school besides the fights, detentions, times at the principal's office, suspensions, and the times she's been expelled. However, the worst is her arrests. 18 in one month. Trespassing, robbery, grand theft auto, burglary, assault of an officer, driving illegally, driving without a license. I seem not to know my sister, but she's gonna have to work on all of this.

After dinner, I took her to the third floor to discuss the rules. I know this is gonna be hard she clearly isn't one to follow the rules. We are gonna to have some issues just like with Alessandro. I am shocked when she only has problems with some of the rules, yet I didn't need this tonight. Before she leaves I make sure to tell her how much we all love her let's just hope she'll believe it soon. 

This is gonna take some time for us all to get used to.

-------------------------------------------

❤️Lexi