Chapter 13

Giovanni's POV

I just got out of a long meeting and need a second. I pour myself a glass of scotch and sit waiting for the younger ones to be back from school. Don't get me wrong I love having my sister back, but it can be a lot just the three boys are hard. The house is always so quiet and peaceful when they go to school. My peace is interrupted by the door being swung open.

"Can I help you?" I ask looking up to see who is responsible. I'm shocked to see my little sister.

"What's up?" I ask her again.

"Why was mom, not a good mom to you guys? Did she not love you? Dad sent us away why? Is that even true? Did everyone lie to me? Why?" She fires off questions. I stop her before she can ask any more.

"What happened to your hair?" I ask looking to see the knot in her hair. 

"Answer my fucking questions!" She yells knocking books and other stuff off the shelves.

"Okay just calm down," I say she is obviously mad about what happened.

"Don't tell me to calm down," she says. I know all she can see is red because she begins to throw anything she can see. The fuck happened. She grabs my computer and throws it on the ground then jumps on it. She then grabs a stack of papers and rips them apart. There were like 15 pages how did she manage to do that?

"Hey look at me. It's okay, I promise it's okay," I reassure her. I wrap my arms around her she tries to wiggle free but I hold her strongly. She hits and punches me but each strike becomes weaker. After a bit, she stops struggling and begins to cry. I hate it when she cries.

"I'm here let it out," I whisper in her ear. After a while, she pulls away and I wipe her tears. She looks around my office and the mess she made. I can see she realizes what she did.

"I'm so sorry," she says slightly panicking. "I'll go to my room and stay there till morning or till you tell me to come out. I'm sorry," she says turning to leave.

"Stop," I command. "If I want you to go to your room I'll tell you. If you go now and don't come out you'll miss dinner and that will never be a punishment you will eat each meal. Do you understand?" I ask making sure she gets it. Is this the punishment she grew up with? It's not right.

"Yes, sir," she says. Sir that is weird.

"I'm your brother don't ever call me sir again," I say it sounds like she is one of my soldiers. "Don't worry about this, nothing in here is valuable or that important," I say walking to the couch. "Come sit down," I pat the spot next to me. She slowly walks over and sits next to me.

"Okay I guess it's time for you to learn the truth what do you want to know, but ask one question at a time," I tell her. 

"Why did Dad send us away I don't think it's because he didn't want a girl," she states.

"Dad never sent you away. Amanda left one night and took you with her. We all had no idea otherwise we would've stopped her. Since then we've been searching for you, but we found nothing. She was smart and never went to the places we were and moved you around a lot," I tell her.

"That makes sense there were a few places she never let us go like Italy. Why did she leave?" She asks.

"I'm not sure, I know she began to dislike Dad," it was the partial truth the rest involves the mafia so I can't share that.