A Confession

Chapter 13

Recap:  Suddenly the shattering of glass echoed around us. We turned to face the now shattered window. There Corin stood fuming with anger.  

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

There Corin stood, his brown hair messier that it normally was, panting, I assumed with anger.  Michael had moved in front of me before the brick had even hit the window. His black hair had also messed itself up from it neat state. He stood in front of me nostrils flared in anger.   

I was shocked at Coin’s actions. Why was he so furious? Granted he had made it clear that he had feelings for me but surely they were only brotherly. He had never made any actions towards me romantically, the only emotion that could possibly warrant this kind of overreaction.  I had feelings for him granted they were underdeveloped, but how could I not love him. Still he had never seemed to return any of my feelings in any more than brotherly gestures. 

We had just spent the whole day together and he hadn’t said a word. To me that spoke volumes, especially when compared with Michael who had made such conversation that I believed that he was very much romantically interested in me. Add on to that Michael had just asked me out. Couldn’t Corin just be happy that I found someone who had feelings towards me? 

While I had been lost inside of my head figuring things out for myself, Corin had taken a few steps forward and crouched down, hissing like some kind of rabid animal. Michael continued in his stance ,  which was unusual for a vampire. In all of my meetings I had never met one that did not take the defensive position that Corin was in. I flied that tid bit back to ask him later. 

“I have spoken to the Volturi. They have assured me that Mercy is still under my protection and until she is released to you in Italy, you are not to interact with her. It would be ideal if Mercy and I return now. You can come whenever you choose, but my masters have matters to discuss with you.” Corin spoke. 

“Well then,” Michael drawled, “Let’s head into Italy.” 

“You are not allowed to come with us.” Corin stated in a fierce growl. 

“I will do as I…” 

I interrupted Michael, “I’d like it if he came with us, Corin. Please.”  I gave him a look that always got me my way. 

He caved quickly. “We’ll leave in an hour. I’ll drive and you can sit in the back.” He pointed to Michael.

“If we’re going to wait an hour before leaving we might as well just take my plane. It would be faster that way.” Michael spoke mostly to me. 

I nodded in agreement. Taking the plane would get us in Italy faster thus fix this whole mess sooner. As I was nodding Corin was shaking his head back in forth.