7 | happy

when eddie got home, he thanked god that his mother was asleep in her favorite recliner. he crept up to his room, making sure he didn't make a sound. considering how small and quiet he was, eddie kaspbrak managed to get to his room without making a single creak.

he lay on his bed, tossing and turning until he got into a comfortable position. he stared at the sunset for a moment or two, noting how the sky subtly turned pinkish purple, and how the orange tint of the sun faded away into the sea of beautiful hues. then his watch beeped. eddie groaned in annoyance, unzipping his fanny pack once more and swallowing up the bullshit pills. then, he took a long shower, making sure that he was immaculate, and free of any germs that could carry harmful diseases. then he brushed his teeth and washed his hands. then he washed his hands again, because there could be excess germs that he missed.

eddie sat on his bed, staring out the window, seeing richie's house that wasn't so far from his.

richie looked out at eddie's house, noticing a faint figure standing in the window. he realized that it was in fact eddie kaspbrak when eddie flipped the lights on, so his face was visible. that made richie smile. "what a fuckin' nerd," he snickered to himself. richie opened his window and yelled out to eddie, "HEY EDDIE SPAGHETTI!!"

it wasn't long until eddie heard richie's distinct voice. and he smiled to himself and opened his window. he whisper yelled, "richie shut the fuck up, my mom is asleep!"

"I FUCKED YOUR MOM!"

"richie! seriously fucking stop!"

richie snickered.

"alright alright, I'm sorry, jesus!"

that night, the two boys fell asleep, thinking about the "kiss" they shared. and, oh god, it made them feel so unconsciously happy that it scared them. they always seemed to make each other unconsciously happy. but it wasn't love, they would tell themselves. it was just good friendship. friendship made them happy.

but this happy, was a different happy. and they wanted it to last.

hopefully, it would last. hopefully.

Hehehehehehe