17 | love

august 27th, 1989

"richie, you disgust me."

"no, i don't."

"yes, you do."

"no, i don't."

"yes, you do."

"no, i don't."

"fuck you, trashmouth."

"fuck you, too, eddie spaghetti."

the more time they spent together, the more their love grew. their hearts grew ten times their normal sizes, bursting through their chests, making them feel light-headed, and the only way for them to deal with it, was to constantly bicker and banter and tease each other. they both secretly loved it, they both knew they loved each other, they both knew that their love was meant to be, but they wanted more. they always wanted more of each other.

eddie lay on the grass of richie's backyard, watching the sun go down; of course he still was wearing around 3 coats of sunscreen "just in case". he sighed as the baby blue of the sky faded into streaks of orange pink, so peacefully.

"what's goin' on, eds?" richie abruptly plopped down beside him and lay down on the blanket of green.

"don't call me that, dickhead." the short boy replied harshly, not looking at him, just staring blankly, emotionless at the sunset.

"jeez, what's up your ass, spaghetti boy?"

"summer's almost over." responded eddie.

"i thought you hated summer." richie said, turning on his side to face eddie, who was still blankly staring at the sky.

"i do. but i also hate school. well, i don't hate school, i love school, but, i hate... everything in it. i'm scared."

"hey," richie squeezed eddie's hand, "it's gonna be okay, nerd. i'll be here, i'll always be here." and eddie's heart practically flew out of his chest. it caused him to breathe heavily and rapidly, the mix of emotions in his stomach was enough to make him vomit, but his breathing slowed when a cold hand pressed an inhaler to his lips. richie smiled and looked down when he realized that he was inches away from his face, and the tension between them made eddie flustered and florid.

"i, uh, sorry." richie pushed himself off of his best friend, handing him his blue inhaler. eddie clutched it tightly, and eventually put it back in his fanny pack.

both boys could smell the love in the air, and it smelled delicious...they wanted to taste it.

"richie..."

"eddie..."

they said each other's names at the same time. now they were facing each other, now they were seeing each other, not looking at each other.

"eddie, i love you so fucking much, and i love everything about you. i love your eyes, i love your face, i love your annoying voice, i love your beautiful, bitch-ass personality, eddie spaghetti. like i love you... a lot, okay?! i just r—"

and like a fairytale ending, eddie closed the gap between their lips, with real love this time, with real passion. eddie pulled away slowly, scratching his head and blushing wildly.

"i love you, a lot too, richie. i know i might've said it before, but, i'm in love with you."

"good, because i was wondering if you...uh...if you wanted to be my...uh...boyfriend, eds?"

and eddie kissed him on the head playfully.

"of course i will, trashmouth."

and richie whispered, "fucking sweet, dude."

short ass chapter. I'm sorry lmao this was pretty bad. Its Christmas Eve!!! 🎅🏻🎄