19 | always {end}

a/n: well guys, it's been a good run but this is our last chapter of "stars - reddie". thank you so much for everything, I had so much fun writing this book, and I loved reading your comments every chapter of the way :,) I love you guys so much💗 there will likely be a sequel to this book, so stay tuned. Alsoooooo I'm sorry this took like 2 weeks to update :(

august 27th, 1993

it was 6:00 in the morning of august 27th, probably the most important day of richie and eddie's lives. richie was now 19 years old, and eddie was 18. they were all grown up, but they still had the minds and hearts of children, especially richie. they were infatuated with one other, never tired of each other, but as they blossomed into adults, their infatuation developed into lust and love.

richie dropped out of college to start a rock n' roll band with some friends of his that he met in high school, and eddie attended derry university, majoring in microbiology. richie also was working as a cashier at the local corner store, and he made enough money to buy an appartement for him and his lover. it wasn't swanky and fabulous, but it wasn't all that bad, either. it was what he could afford, but eddie, being himself, found it extremely beautiful and was eternally grateful and ecstatic that he got to live with richie. they would be okay, as long as they had each other.

"eddie, wake up!" richie giggled, childishness and innocence in his voice.

eddie groaned and flipped himself over to face richie, slowly fluttering his eyes open.

"there's my favorite spaghetti boy."

"quiet, trashmouth."

"nope, today's the day i get to say and do whatever i want to you, eds."

"it's our anniversary," eddie gasped, "oh, richie, it's our anniversary! our five year anniversary!"

richie stared deeply into his lover's eyes, still full of wonder, still full of life. "it sure fucking is, my spaghetti baby, now get that fine ass of yours up and let's get outta here, 'cause i'm gonna take you on an amazing date." he smiled genuinely, and kissed the puny boy's knuckles.

eddie giggled while getting out of bed. "you're such a trashmouth." he said.

"you love me, though."

"i do."

-

they stopped by the quarry, reminiscing about their childhood, their oblivion, purity, impeccability. it was peaceful and quiet until unexpectedly, richie canonballed into the lake, and yelled, "you coming, eddie spaghetti?!"

"nuh-uh!" eddie hollered, but richie smirked and pulled him into the lake swiftly.

"RICHIE, NO!" the smaller male tittered, while richie was holding him in his arms and attacking him with kisses.

they both were equally drenched and cold when they waded out, but nevertheless, richie didn't care about himself- he draped his blue sweater around his starry-eyed lover, making sure he was keeping him warm.

hand in hand, they walked the barren streets of derry, fingers interlocked, never letting go. they made several stops for the rest of the day, and cherished every memory of every place they stopped by.

"hey, that's my old house." said eddie. he walked up to the side of the grizzled, rickety old building, running his fingers along the worn down grey paint. he looked up to the window, where he and richie used to sneak into every night after recovering from the coma.