9 | live

i cant believe you guys actually thought i would kill off my favorite character from IT, wow lmfao. TY FOR 200 READS AND THE AMOUNT OF SUPPORT THAT THIS FIC IS GETTING! special thank you to @shutupsugar
bc you're so great and you were my first active reader 💓 ILY BB

richie's eyes shot open.

"r-r-richie?"

all the losers gasped in unison.

he began to cough.

eddie pushed his way to him, zipping open his fanny pack, pressing his very own inhaler to richie's white chapped lips. his breathing pace slowed to normal.

"R-RICHIE!" eddie slammed his body onto him, holding him as if richie was the last piece of life he had. richie remained unresponsive, but he was at least somewhat alive.

"w-wow," said bill, "the p-power of love am i r-right?" and bill was crying at the sight. he wasn't sure if they were happy tears or sad tears, it was a mix of both, because, richie had died a few minutes ago, and eddie had saved his life. beverly joined in on the hug along with bill and stan, and mike and ben.

"guys, w-we need to get him to a fucking hospital right now!" said eds, gently hoisting richies lifeless body onto his back and wiping one of his tears with the back of his hand. it took him a few tries, considering how puny he was.

"he's right, we gotta go fast." mike hopped on his bike. bill nodded.

and off they went, fast as they could, to save richie's life. eddie was ecstatic that his best friend was alive, but he was afraid that richie could still die or even worse... he could've noticed the kiss. it was brief, but something told eddie that it wasn't just a kiss. is a kiss ever just a kiss? he wondered. richie always said that you couldn't fake the love that was conveyed in a kiss. his heart trembled in fear.

did this mean that eddie kaspbrak was in love with trashmouth?

no, he thought, he was just being a good friend.

"the hospital is up ahead! hurry!" eddie was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard ben's distinct yell.

eddie hopped off of his bike, carrying the unconscious richie tozier into the hospital, hastily.

"DOCTOR! WE NEED A DOCTOR PLEASE!" eddie desperately yelled out.

"PLEASE SOMEONE HELP OUR FRIEND IS DYING!" bev screamed.

"I'm a doctor," a calm-looking man with snow hair and blue eyes says, "this boy is in terrible condition. NURSES, HOSPITAL BED AND OXYGEN MASKS STAT!" the man runs a hand through his white hair and takes richie to the ER, as quickly as possible.

"d-doctor! is he going to be okay?!"

"we can't make any promises, but we'll do all we can."

"if you don't make it, i love you, richie."