14 | somebody to love

12:01 am

"he's awake, he's awake!"

dr. green rushed over to richie, putting the oxygen mask to the trashmouth's face. richie's breathing slowed to normal, and dr. green removed the mask after a while.

"wh-what happened?! where's eddie?!" richie felt tears in his eyes as he sprung up from his hospital bed.

"everything's gonna be alright, richard. relax. you've had a bad dream about him, didn't you?" dr. green sat on his bed with a sympathetic smile.

"i've b-been dreaming a-about him f-f-for s-so long," richie was sobbing, "his mom was abusive and he was trying to find me and he wanted to see me and i couldn't move, i couldn't breathe and h-he left and he missed me and i couldn't do anything to save him." richie felt his heart shatter. this was all his fault.

"eddie told me he loves you." said the doctor, rubbing richie's back.

richie gasped, "h-he did?"

"mmhmm. and he was crying so much. i think he's lost a lot of fluids."

"thank you." whispered richie, and he sprung out of his bed and sprinted out of the hospital to eddie's house.

"richard! you can't leave yet!" dr. green called, concerned. but he was too fast.

richie ran as fast as he could toward eddie. he saw the grey colored house in the distance. he caught his breath.

"i'm fucking coming you adorable asshole."

and he trudged to his best friend. his feet were bare, and he was wearing a hospital gown. his feet were dirty but that couldn't stop him.

he ran, tripping over a rock; and the concrete scraped the skin on his knee and leaving a cut on the side of his face. he cried out in pain softly and kept running while holding his left leg.

"i'm coming, eds."

a voice told eddie to go outside.

and eddie felt the urge to listen to it. he climbed out of his window, jumping down and landing on his feet. he walked slowly and carefully across the street.

"hello?" he called out, softly. he clutched his inhaler.

"is anybody out here?"

"eddie spaghetti?" richie whispered to himself, quickly and quietly tiptoeing up to the side of eddie's house, looking around to see that he wasn't in his room.

"where the fuck are you, spaghetti boy?"

"hello?" eddie's heart was pounding. he was behind richie's house.

"eddie spaghetti?!" richie called out, sweating uncontrollably, still holding his injured leg.

eddie gasped, and gradually crept towards the sound.

"t-trashmouth? is that you?" he whisper yelled audible enough to hear.

but richie didn't hear him. instead, he sat behind eddie's house, holding his face in his hands.

"where are you, eds?" he looked up to the sky full of stars.

"why am i out here, god?" eddie whispered under his breath, sitting on the grass.