16 | together

later that day
8:09 pm

"mr. and mrs. tozier, did your son come home last night?"

"n-no, officer, i thought he was in the hospital recovering from his coma." mrs. tozier was furious and sad.

"he just sorta ran off," dr. green interjected, "i couldn't stop him. i thought he went home to you."

"did he say anything before he ran off?" the police officer wrote something down on his notepad.

"no, but, he was worried about his friend, eddie, he said." dr. green took a sip of water.
mrs. tozier slapped him across the face and sped off from the hospital into the dark night, accompanied by mr. tozier.

mrs. tozier was furious with her son and eddie kaspbrak. she had nothing against eddie, but now she did. she knew he had nothing to do with richie's ideas but nevertheless she was still mad at him for not telling richie to go home to her and his father.

earlier in the day, richie and eddie spent most of their time with the rest of their friends. richie was basically living with eddie for the past two days, but eddie didn't mind, for he was infatuated with him. little did both boys know that they would be greeted with an unpleasant surprise when they were sneaking into eddie's room that night.

-

"alright, hold on a second, nerd, i'm gonna open the window for you." richie said, climbing up the ladder to eddie's window as eddie folded his arms and shook his head from the ground.

"shit," richie muttered, "it's locked."

"w-what?!" eddie panicked, but richie climbed down and caressed the boy's face.

"h-hey don't panic, eddie spaghetti, we'll be o—"

"A-HA! I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO SNEAK IN! I'M NOT SCHTUPID RICHARD TOZIER!"

the infamous shrill yell came from none other than sonia kaspbrak.

"fuck..." richie started, "hi mrs. kaspbrak! you're hair's lookin' fabulous!"

eddie looked at him, shocked and concerned.

"GET AWAY FROM MY SON!" she yelled, and then, she threw a gigantic brick down at richie, hitting him square in the eye. the both of them could not process the events that were occurring at that moment.

"RICHIE!" eddie shrilled in concern.

"R-RICHIE CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

"yeah, i c-can hear ya, EDS." he screamed out the last part in agony.

"MOM, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HIM!?" eddie screeched. a police car pulled up, right as eddie yelled in pain.

"r-richard! sonia, how could you do this to him!?" mr. and mrs. tozier arrived at the scene right on time as sonia looked down at the couple in disgust and shock. she didn't think she would get caught by the police, AND richie's parents. richie put on a sad, hurt puppy act as soon as he saw the police car. he knew he was finally going to get eddie spaghetti all to himself, because his mother was going to lose custody of him after eddie tells the police all the shit she does to him.

"ma'am get out of the house, hands in the air!" the policeman shouted angrily and mrs. k rolled her eyes and sped down the stairs and out of the house with her hands in the air.

"you can't arrest me!" she screamed. the police ignored her cries, and jammed her into the police car, hands cuffed. obviously she was being arrested for throwing a brick at a minor, though he did nothing wrong.

"edward! tell them i—" the car door slammed shut before she could finish. eddie watched happily unamused.

"richard, are you alright?!" his mother and father rushed to him, holding his face and examining the large purple bruise on his eye down to his cheek.

"yeah, i'm okay mom."

"do not run away from the hospital to see your best friend ever again!"

"yes, dad."

"excuse me, but, eddie doesn't have a mother now, where is he going to stay?" dr. green appeared, asking calmly.

"h-he can stay with us, right mother and father?" richie tried his best to be polite, smirking slightly as he saw eddie blush and look down.

"well, if he has nowhere else to stay, then we'd be happy to take him in." mr. tozier said.

"FUCK YES!"

"richard, language!"

"sorry, mom."

and so, their adventure together began.