Chapter 1- A Typical Morning

R I L E Y
1 |A Typical Morning

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-

"Shut up!" I moaned from underneath my pillow.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"SCREW YOU ALARM CLOCK!" I cursed and flung it across my room.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBE- thud.

I didn't even know why I needed an alarm clock, I wasn't ever late. Never will be. Not on my watch (get it?).

Slowly and groggily, I traipsed on the stairs while rubbing my eyes. I had slept way too late last night writing that damn geography paper. I felt like nothing could jolt me out of my sleepiness...

"I want to puke." My mum greeted me, as I sat wearily onto the kitchen bench.

"Excuse me? Do you need a bucket? Oh my god, are you sick?" I panicked, almost knocking over my stool as I ran around looking for the first aid kit. And what was I saying about my sleepiness?

"What? No. I was just reading off your shirt." I looked down. My pyjamas had an image of a drunk alpaca on it, with the slogan "I want to puke" underneath it.  Ahh...right.

"Oh..sorry." I muttered sheepishly. Mum sighed as she handed my a plate of pancakes.

"Just hurry up and eat, ok? I don't want you to be late."

"Yes, mum" I rolled my eyes sarcastically. As I said, I'm never late. I leisurely slurped up the last bits of maple syrup and retreated back into my room.

30 minutes later, I was dressed to kill in my t-shirt that said "FRIES BEFORE GUYS" and jeans as I walked to my Ford Fiesta Flame. While reaching for my keys, I tripped on a silver plastic 'F' that was lying on the cobbled driveway. Wait..that looks like it fell off my car... crap...Long story short: I am now the owner of a Ford Fiesta Lame. What a great start to the week.

 What a great start to the week

"Why...." I grumbled as my car revved to life. I was 2 streets away from my house when I noticed the fuel meter. Guess which idiot forgot to get fuel the other day?

"HOLY CRAP!!!!" I yelled, and slammed on the accelerator. The needle on the fuel meter was going lower by the second. Weaving through the rush hour traffic, I was only 2 streets away from the fuel station...

1 Street left....

I could almost see the top of the fuel station sign....

The fuel station was just ahead...

And the car gave one last grunt and stopped. So close yet so far.

I looked at the empty fuel meter.
Sighing in resignment, I pressed the warning light button as drivers swerved around me. I got out and pushed my car the remaining way to the fuel station.

That was the day I was ALMOST late, but not late. I'm never late.

I burst through the classroom door just as the bell rang. Mr Pompous, a chubby science teacher glared at my ruffled state.

"Miss Henzel, you're late." He looked at me sternly.

"No sir, I'm on time." I corrected, as Mr Pompous checked his watch.

"Hmph. Alright then. We'll be handing out your science assignments today. Since everyone has a science partner but Miss Henzel and Mr McCoy, you two are going to be partners." I froze in my steps. Oh hell no.

"Sir, can I do my assignment by myself? I promise I'll get an A! I'll- I'll even do extra credit! I'll even-" I promised.

"Okay, okay. But you'll have to sit next to Mr McCoy because that's the only spare seat left." The teacher sighed.

"Thank you, Sir!" I positively beamed with happiness. I sat in my seat and leaned as far away from Liam McCoy as I could.

Why?

Enter Liam McCoy, he's the school's notorious bad boy. Rumour has it that he's been arrested twice and one time when the police sent dogs after him, he turned around and stabbed the animal with a knife. Nobody knew if it was true and nobody dared to ask, but it added to his air of mystery.  (A/N: OKAYYYY PPL BEFORE YOU FREAK OUT ABOUT THE DOG KILLING PART, IT'S JUST A RUMOUR! WHETHER IT IS TRUE OR NOT WILL COME LATER)

Not that it mattered anyways, girls still drooled over him from afar and the guys wanted to be his friend.

It's not even an coincidence that I had to sit next to him, it was because everyone avoided him. Even the Queen Bee Madeleine Grey was too shy to go after him.

"So scared to sit next to me?" A voice said from next to me. Ohhh crap..it's him!

Putting on a brave face, I whipped around to look at him.

"Of course I'm scared, I wouldn't want to contract a disease from a living STD like you." I retorted, and immediately regretted it. Oh crap...what if he gets offended and kills me? Ohnoohnoohnoohno!!!

"Are you suggesting that you would have s-"

"Blah blah blah blah. I can't hear you." I sang, as I clamped my hands over my ears and squeezed my eyes shut. After a bit, I risked a peek and looked over to Liam. That ass was laughing!

"Hmph." I said, as I looked over the assignment, when I saw a pair of sparkly, manicured nails tap my desk. I looked up to see my bff of all time Natalie grinning at me.

"Who's gonna get laid? YOU!" She sang teasingly. I clamped my non-manicured hands over her big mouth.

"Shut up! The only thing I'm gonna lay is my metal ruler into your brain if you don't stop!" I threatened, blushing with mortification.

"Aww c'mon! He's cute!" Natalie egged on.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes."

"Yes"

"No"

"Ha! Gotcha!" I said, laughing at her pouty face.

"Ughhh whatever. But you should definitely hit me up." She giggled.

"Ahh shut up shut up! You have a boyfriend already. Now scat!" I made shooing motions with her hand. Natalie gave Liam one last longing look before retreating to her table. Wiping her lipstick stains off my hand, I continued taking notes. I was almost done when I heard someone hyperventilating beside me.

"It's a- f***ing spider!" A high-pitched voice breathed. Sighing for the nth time that lesson, I looked up expecting to see some girly girl panicking over a tiny spider.

And I was right. Kind of...

But instead of a girly girl, it was Liam McCoy himself.

Panicking over a spider.